Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ran into brick wall plating this 1c Franklin  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
307 Posts
Posted 07/11/2018   11:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Caper123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Enough of the top frame is cut-off for it to be of much help.
The bottom frame appears broken.
Frame lines do not appear to be re-cut.
There is a dot in upper right which makes me believe it is most likely a top row T Relief.

Just can't find any matches. 2L1E was as close as I could come. The broken frame line on the bottom does not match as Plate 4 stamps I can find.

Any suggestions???

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 07/11/2018   11:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bottom row B relief.
Probably plate 1L or 2 maybe 3 way less likely 1E.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 07/11/2018   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From memory - I'd start looking at 98R2
88R2 has a very low guide dot - thus the mess with 99R2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 07/12/2018   12:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's 98R2
Valued Member
United States
307 Posts
Posted 07/12/2018   08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you txstamp!! I really struggled with this one. I knew 2L1E wasn't right but the incomplete bottom frame was at least similar. Stamp was listed as a #9 and I was fairly certain that was incorrect. Once again you came thru!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05