Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can you read Yukoslavian Handwritten Cursive? from 1937? Postcard  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
187 Posts
Posted 07/15/2018   03:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dsmith426 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm trying to research this postcard I found. It's postmarked in 1937 with a Yugoslavian stamp. The writing is in cursive (not printed). Looking for someone who can translate it to English approx 3 sentences. If you can do this please send me a message.

Thank you
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1801 Posts
Posted 07/15/2018   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Both the Latin and Cyrillic alphabets were used in the former Yugoslavia, so you might want to specify which cursive alphabet.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
Posted 07/15/2018   3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsmith426 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bookbndrbob,

How can I tell the difference between those two? It just looks like cursive to me, just not in English.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5878 Posts
Posted 07/15/2018   4:03 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could you post a picture? That might help a bit,

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1801 Posts
Posted 07/15/2018   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With Cyrillic cursive, the differences in alphabets is most noticeable with capital letters, as the Serbian snippet in Serbo-Croatian below shows. You can clearly see capital letters that don't exist in the Latin alphabet. Serbians, some Bosnians, and Montenegrans use the Cyrillic alphabet. Croatians and Slovenians do not.

As Peter said, if you post a picture you might get help. If you don't, your chances lessen.

Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
Posted 07/16/2018   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsmith426 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I can't tell. There's just two or three capital letters,
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Deltilogical to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Bulgaria
169 Posts
Posted 09/10/2018   2:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can read Cyrillic since it is my native.
Can't you upload it here or send it to me?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05