Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Babe Ruth 1983 Stamp's

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 954Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/22/2018   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Tmurdock to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a book with a sheet of 1983 Babe Ruth stamps. This stamp was dedicated on July 5th during the Old Timer's game at Comiskey Park.
I know the stamp's them self don't hold alot of value, but being in a book with Johnny Mize name on front, does it add value. Does anyone know where these given to Hall of Fame members in attendance or the "old timer's" at the game. I also have a copy of the auction description which was signed by Johnny's wife Judy. I hope the photo's show up.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4764 Posts
Posted 07/22/2018   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamp sheet run about $20 +/- on eBay. Mr. Mize's autograph is worth about $25 on a card but this is not autographed. In summation you could try and get $20 on eBay or you could use the stamps for postage. The printed name adds no value.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/22/2018   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tmurdock to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You for the response. Yeah, I kinda figured the value of the stamps where not much.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2925 Posts
Posted 07/22/2018   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would respectfully disagree with rodgcam.

There are about 50 "presentation folders" currently on eBay, most of which are in the $15-$50 but range without any presentation name.

Baseball is a popular topical AND with a direct player association. I would expect it to go readily at the higher end, and if I were listing it would use an auction format to not limit an upper ceiling if two nuts battle it out.

I collect several FDC topics and would (almost) kill for a few certain ones.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
491 Posts
Posted 07/22/2018   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with John. An item owned by a hall of fame player, with his name on it, should bring in a higher amount. How much higher ...?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4764 Posts
Posted 07/22/2018   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The entire lot listed on the Hunt Auction letter went for $140. I stand by my assessment.

https://huntauctions.com/live/compl...ction_type=1

Edited by rogdcam - 07/22/2018 10:33 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
561 Posts
Posted 07/23/2018   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tmurdock,
If you ever sell this, keep us posted on what you sell it for.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/23/2018   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tmurdock to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Modernstamps. Thank You, I will. And Thank's to everyone for the help.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 954Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05