Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Really Wants Me To Accept Offers

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
504 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   06:22 am  Show Profile Check 91stang's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 91stang to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And here I thought I was the only one. Opened store/closed store. Bill arrives for $75.00. We call and call..fine print, being you get your first month free, we bill you for last month..
Funny..none of these problems with my premium store on hipstamp
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
6797 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   09:45 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do people realize that without eBay this community would not exist? Hipstamps does not support this community but at least eBay and Amazon do. The daily complaining about eBay is not only getting old but also has a real possibility to damage this community.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3109 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4507 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   10:55 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Affiliate commissions. eBay and Amazon both pay part of the site bills around here.

I get the cheerleading for hipstamp from a purely anti-eBay perspective, but from a realistic perspective (mine at least), Hipstamps is the Land of No Sales. I tried selling there multiple times over the years and the sales there were a tiny fraction (as in less than 10%) of what I sold on eBay.

A bigger problem, in my opinion, is the structure/layout of the item pages on Hipstamp. It is an abomination.

P.S. @91stang: The fact that you didn't read the fine print in what you were agreeing to is somehow eBay's fault?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1762 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   7:33 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Incidentally, if your lot doesn't sell and it is set up for automatic re-listing, they will reset the offers thing. You have to go back in and disable that.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
617 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add raymodj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the item pages on hipstamp because I can browse by catalog number. Even searching for specific Scotts numbers on eBay is problematic, as you have to slog through all the crap.

Dont get me wrong, I like eBay. It's just more like going to a garbage dump where you occasionally find treasure buried in all that trash.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1762 Posts
Posted 10/01/2018   10:10 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update: I listed a Minkus Global album today, nearly new with a reserve of $79. I double checked the listing before pushing 'List it', it looked OK.Four hours after I got an offer for $15. Of course I rejected it. I went in and sure enough there was a Make offer button. As I posted earlier eBay is really sneaky on this. It appears on all auction listings but to see it when listing you have to click on a drop down.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1762 Posts
Posted 06/26/2019   11:46 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Brief bump up on this; I listed some items last week and took care to be sure that the offers option was disabled. Just before closing last night with ten minutes left, one of my unsold lots I had with a start of $49 got an offer of $42. I accepted it but am doing a slow burn about it. I distinctly recall jumping through all the hoops and disabled this option when listing and they do it anyway? Is there some thing now where they open this in the last few minutes of a listing?
Edited by Stamps1962 - 06/26/2019 11:47 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1222 Posts
Posted 06/26/2019   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay used to have the option of automatically rejecting offers below the seller-selected threshold. Is this option no longer available as a time saver? On the other hand, why not just reject all offers to save on the insertion fee? No seller is obligated to accept any specific offer simply because the lot accepts offers.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05