Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Qe II 1d Stamps Illustration 154

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 826Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jkelley01938 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Family,

I am having trouble identifying the subject QEII stamps. Is there a listing of all QEII stamps sorted by illustration number? For example, the subject 1d stamps are illustration 154. I'm looking for all of them so I'll know what to look for and where to put them (in the album).
They all look alike to me and I know they differ as to phosphor and watermarks.

Thanks for your help,
Jack Kelley
Send note to Staff
Edited by jkelley01938 - 07/29/2018 10:56 am

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   09:24 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You've lost me a little, Jack. Are you asking about Machins?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No Geoff; not Machins. Wilders.

The SG catalog stamp references illustration 154 for SG #541, the QEII 1d. But there are other (many other) QEII 1d stamps with illustration 154. I just want to know the universe SG numbers for all of 1d QEII's having the 154 reference - watermarks,etc. There must be a compendium online somewhere, I would imagine.

Its good hearing from you, Geoff. Patti and I are looking at a vacation rentals in Pevensey or Uckfield. Is that anywhere close to you?

Jack
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   11:39 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll let someone with more expertise answer that!

They're a bit out in the sticks from London, but Lewes is about an hour on the train for me. When's your holiday?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33065 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   4:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I only deal with Scott,
if you can translate, I'll do my best.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Coming to my rescue again, Rod? I remember when you helped me out with some Australian stamps SC///SG that time, too. Unhappily, I will be away from my SC catalog. I f it's ok, I'd like to pursue this when I get back. (Thanks)

Geoff. We are looking towards next year. I really want to get back there before it's too late. I just found out that I need yet another surgery. Each time my out of pocket is over $5000 so the fun things always seem to be postponed. I will keep you in touch

Bye for Now,
Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   6:29 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jack - I hope everything goes well with you. The NHS can be a bit chaotic, but at least we don't have to worry about bills we can't afford. Be good to see you both if you get to Sussex.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33065 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Coming to my rescue again, Rod? I remember when you helped me out with some Australian stamps SC///SG that time, too. Unhappily, I will be away from my SC catalog. I f it's ok, I'd like to pursue this when I get back. (Thanks)

What you are seeking, has been a long time "wish list" also for me.
I always wondered why catalogues never pursued this regime.

Take Turkey for instance, any newbie can really get frustrated, flipping pages in a catalogue for "types" that appear through collection.

You can get say Type "A??" stamp, as issued, then an overprint, then a surcharge, official and newspaper, etc & etc.

I make my own lists, so when I see a page on eBay, I can look at the "type"
and quickly browse my lists to see if I have that particular stamp, or if I need to bid.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33065 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This may assist ?, from my dog eared 1998 .....

Edited by rod222 - 07/29/2018 7:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 07/30/2018   03:49 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jack - I have some stuff that may partially help. I'll send you a PM later.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 07/31/2018   08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still away from home. But I discovered I had packed my SG Concise catalog. Amazing. I didn't think I was that smart. I used to be! Anyway, I have counted seven "illustration 540's". 516, 541, 562, 571, 588, 600, and 611. So the question remains; Is there a listing of all illustration 540's? Or, do we have to go thru catalogs (as I just did) and find them?

Thanks,
Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 07/31/2018   10:52 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's Mrs K I feel sorry for - husband away on the razzle. Just sent you a PM.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 826Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05