Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Statue Of Freedom Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,336Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
114 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add DrGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are the $1, $2, $5 blocks/4 purchased from the USPS Cave Plate Blocks...or just plain blocks?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7724 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can choose either

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BaldEagle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The $1 and $2 stamps come in panes of 10 with the plate numbers above the top two stamps. The panes are two across and five down. It would depend on where the blocks are separated as to whether you would get plate blocks or not. You might ask specifically for the top four, but there may be an extra charge. The $5 stamps are in panes of 4 only, so you would get the plate numbers automatically, unless they were removed for some unknown reason.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
513 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BaldEagle is correct. I've ordered blocks of 4 in the past, expecting plate blocks, only to receive a regular block of 4 instead. Not all stamps are issued with plate numbers at both the top and bottom of the same pane.

To avoid the issue, buy the $1 and $2 plate blocks at your local post office. The $5 plate block is a full pane of 4. Your PO may have no use for and therefore not carry $5 stamps - mine does not - so ordering the full pane of 4 from the USPS Store is your best bet. I had to order a $5 single from eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 07/30/2018   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just received my single $1, $2, & $5 Statue of Freedoms from the Stamp Fulfillment Center. I believe their policy of being able to purchase singles of issues of $1+ without the 'special order' fee is viable. The order #s are 114321,114301, and 117901 ($1, $2, $5 respectively). Any stamp can be ordered as a single (with the exception of coils & booklet issues) for a $2.00 handling fee, but since the issue is $1, $2, & $5 the fee is waived. (at least it was for my order).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
513 Posts
Posted 07/30/2018   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eligies - how exactly did you do that? I couldn't find any way to order singles at the USPS Stamp Store (other than the Priority and Priority Express, which are routinely sold as either singles or full panes of 4).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1258 Posts
Posted 07/30/2018   4:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
uboatnut: If ordering by phone, I think you can order singles by replacing the last two digits of the full pane item number with "01". But I think usps.com recognizes a quantity of 1 for the Statue of Freedom issues. If not, then you need to order by phone.
Added: Just checked the $2 SOF on usps.com & the smallest quantity offered was a block of 4. Sounds to me like a phone in order will be required.
Edited by JLLebbert - 07/30/2018 4:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 07/31/2018   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
uboatnut: I ordered by mail to the fulfillment center. I had included the 'special order' fee but put in special requests that if the fee was not appropriate to add a block of 4 of the Flag Act issue (sans a credit of $2) I received the singles & the extra block of the Flag Act issue. (Check my original post for order numbers)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
513 Posts
Posted 07/31/2018   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For those who are wondering:

Special order by mail from USPS at:

STAMP FULFILLMENT SERVICES
US POSTAL SERVICE
8300 NE UNDERGROUND DR., PILLAR 210
KANSAS CITY, MO 64144-0011

I couldn't find a direct phone number, but this will do.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
513 Posts
Posted 08/04/2018   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ADDENDUM: for the Stamp Fulfillment Center:

(816) 545-1110
(816) 545-1214 FAX

Regular Hours
Mon. 1 p.m.-4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.-9 p.m.,
Tues. 5 p.m.-8 p.m.,
Wed. 1 p.m.-9 p.m.,
Thurs. 6 p.m.-9 p.m.,
Sat. 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Closed Fri. and Sun.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 08/04/2018   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BaldEagle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
(800) 782-6724 still works for phone in orders to SFS. I used that number yesterday successfully.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1258 Posts
Posted 08/04/2018   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I also used the 800 number last week. On occasion, when a supervisor cannot answer your question at the 800 number, they may connect you directly to SFS in KCMO. The 816 area code is for St. Joseph & metropolitan KC ... so the given 816 number is probably a direct line to SFS.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
788 Posts
Posted 08/09/2018   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add acanalizo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The SFC advised me the $1 and $2 Statue of Freedom singles will be included in the USPS quarterly "definitive" stamp subscriptions in the 3rd wave 2008 and the $5 in the 4th wave 2018.
Albert
Edited by acanalizo - 08/09/2018 10:38 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,336Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05