Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help with older Denmark  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5349 Posts
Posted 08/01/2018   6:07 pm  Show Profile Check stallzer's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add stallzer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My first question is are they legit? or Fake?

This one looks legit to me based on it being a space filler at best?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
1826 Posts
Posted 08/01/2018   7:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you check them for watermarks?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 08/01/2018   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be Scott 3 5 7 and 2, 3 through 8 have been reprinted on various occasions but as noted above without the watermark. The fourth stamp looks to have yellow brown burelage, most obvious in right margin and the background of lower right posthorn. This would be correct for Scott 2. Scott 1 the 2r blue is known for forgeries. I had the opportunity to buy one at auction for under $300, but was afraid it might be a fake.
Edited by Willwood42 - 08/02/2018 07:01 am
Valued Member
310 Posts
Posted 08/02/2018   03:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
all are legit, thiele IIb dark redbrown, the rest are quite straigth forward.

2sk in average condition, the rest are defective.

@willwood42.. if you can show the 2rbs I can tell if it's fake or not.
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 08/02/2018   07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The auction was over a year ago, I will look and see if I can find it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5349 Posts
Posted 08/02/2018   07:24 am  Show Profile Check stallzer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sorsh. Are these safe to soak? Bunch of crud on the back of the 2S, not too concerned about the others since they are space fillers.
Valued Member
310 Posts
Posted 08/02/2018   08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes they are safe to soak, however the glue used on those arent easily dissolved, you'll have to scrape it off with a nail or something not too sharp...
if you dry and press in one go they're likely to just stick to the material you dry them on.

people tend to prefer to wash, dry and then press later... I use the scrape technique and dry/press, if they stick I just cut them out and soak again.
Valued Member
310 Posts
Posted 08/02/2018   08:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
you collect denmark actively or just what you get?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5349 Posts
Posted 08/02/2018   09:51 am  Show Profile Check stallzer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect them actively, these have been in one of my vario pages for years and I finally got around to looking at them.
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
Posted 08/03/2018   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This made me look at some of my early Denmark. I really like the postmarks on two of these. The 2s seems unused (gum, damaged), not sure if legit, being very ignorant about Danish stamps. Opinions welcomed.

Valued Member
310 Posts
Posted 08/04/2018   02:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
gmot : those are decent examples.. the first being a thiele III, is a good colorshade, possibly a chestnut.

the unused 2skilling looks fine, if it has a watermark then you're safe.. not many forgeries of this exist as it's quite cheap... good margins, a little dent in the lower and some "rust" otherwise a very good copy.
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
Posted 08/04/2018   08:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sorsh! All of them have a crown watermark. Have to spend more time with my Danish stamps...
Valued Member
310 Posts
Posted 08/04/2018   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes - everyone should spend more time with Danish stamps I think :)
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sorsh,

I spend a fair amount of time with the stamps of Denmark, on of my favorite countries. I am about 85% complete for regular issue through 1990. None of my classics are in great shape, but they fill the holes. I need 10 stamps in the $50+ category (one I don't think I will ever acquire), another 10 in the $2-50 range and about 120 of the less than a dollar variety. I will get there except for Scott 21.

Edited by Willwood42 - 08/10/2018 2:02 pm
Valued Member
310 Posts
Posted 08/11/2018   05:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Willwood

i would like to see your pages from 1875-1905 if possible.

i don't own a scott so I don't know which is scott 21... it's it's 48sk? and you don't mind the quality i'll save one from the trash bin next time as I usually destroy really faulty stamps.
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 08/11/2018   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some pages with 1875-1905, not sure exactly how this album has them organized. Do you work with Michel rather than Scott. I have a not so great but okay of the 48sk. Scott 21 is the 2sk with per 12.5 from 1870

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05