Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With Canada 1407Ai Signature Mint Sheet

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,232Next Topic  

Canada
1 Posts
Posted 08/06/2018   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stan99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have recently purchased a Canada 1407ai 1992 Youth Exhibition Signature Souvenir Mint Sheet (S/S) from an eBay dealer. It has apparent waves or wrinkles on the top and the bottom of the S/S. Is it genuine or normal as I understand that this S/S was printed on a different paper (Harrison).

Much appreciated,

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1330 Posts
Posted 08/07/2018   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is perfectly flat.

No idea why your copy is different, but the change in paper manufacturer is not the reason. Possibly improperly stored under something else.

Unitrade warns that fakes have been sold with forged signatures, but your "blue" signature appears to be a perfect match with mine, which I purchased from Canada Post at the time of issue.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
602 Posts
Posted 08/07/2018   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3Dadeo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to me like it was stored in a humid environment. No way to get rid of the wrinkles as far as I know.

I would return or ask for a discount. It is genuine otherwise IMO.
Canada
1 Posts
Posted 08/07/2018   5:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stan99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you BlackJag and 3Dadeo. You have confirmed with my initial thought that it could have been stored in a humid environment. I will return the S/S.
Valued Member
Canada
105 Posts
Posted 04/05/2019   10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brad905 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have a picture of both the souvenir sheet and the genuine overprinted sheet side by side. I picked up one on eBay the other day and it would appear the two are on identical papers. In other words, my 1407ai with the surcharge is forged. Under longwave light, they are also identical. When I look at the picture in Unitrade, they appear to have a significant colour difference between the one printed on Harrison Paper, and the one printed on Coated Papers paper.
Pillar Of The Community
3533 Posts
Posted 09/22/2021   08:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an interesting article on 1407a with forged signature: https://www.rpsc.org/tcp/cpresults....&vloc=Search
Edited by jogil - 09/22/2021 08:52 am
Pillar Of The Community
3533 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some signatures are positioned differently on the 1407ai souvenir sheet. A) is more common than B).

A) The "C" of "Chomedey" is to the right of the vertical perforations above it. (Genuine?)

B) The "C" of "Chomedey" is directly under the vertical perforations above it. (Forgery?)
Edited by jogil - 10/05/2021 09:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
7682 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
B) The "C" of "Chomedey" is directly under the vertical perforations above it. (Forgery?)

I agree with Jogil..My opinion is the lighter colour {B} is fake/forgery..Below are a few pictures.
Robert

Remember..Just my opinion
Learn More...
9750 Posts
Posted 10/05/2021   2:16 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The sheet I have seems to have attributes of both types shown above.
Don

Pillar Of The Community
3533 Posts
Posted 10/09/2021   08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Noted around 40 copies of A) signature and 2 copies of B) signature on eBay.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,232Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05