Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Champions of Liberty Series Plate Blocks  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 08/09/2018   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rebels43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have search the forum for a thread on this question and I could not find one. I noticed the plate blocks for the 8 cent stamps have 2 methods of printing the plate number. The more common one is the blue and gold plate numbers. The least common is the red plate numbers. Does anyone know why there are no three plate numbers with blue, red, and gold?

Any information would be appreciated.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1073 Posts
Posted 08/09/2018   10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 8c Magsaysay stamp was printed using two plates; the 8c Reuter stamp was printed using just one plate. I'm no expert on stamp printing, but both stamps were printed using the Giori press, which was a multi-color printing press.

Here's a thread on the Giori press: http://goscf.com/t/36258

Robert
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Trainwreck - 08/09/2018 10:35 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05