Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

"Mint Very Old" description

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2006 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add angore to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I saw this description on Facebook. I like it!

BTW, the stamps were not that old.
Send note to Staff
Al
Edited by angore - 08/10/2018 09:42 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1862 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You gotta love it!

To a 20 something, very old might mean 5-10 years. To a wizened philatelist, it is something completely different.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1242 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It can be funny watching how non-collectors describe stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1553 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   12:02 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah we could do a whole thread on that.

My favorite are the eBay sellers who list a stamp album as a 'Stamp collecting book.'
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1216 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always liked the "with original glue" description.

Jim
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 08/10/2018   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ajuchum to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw one that described the stamp as "well preserved"
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
Posted 08/12/2018   02:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How about "OLD RETRO"? For fun I did an eBay search for "old stamps", cringed for a couple minutes and backed out.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05