Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Art Of Magic Lenticular Printing

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,798Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 08/11/2018   5:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stampman2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received the ones I'd purchased from the stamp cave today, and while the method of printing is neat, the centering sucks. All examples I have are centered far to the left.

Anyone receive any yet with better centering?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1258 Posts
Posted 08/11/2018   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Every pane that I have seen is shifted to the left, some extremely so, others more moderately. I have not seen a really well-centered stamp yet.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
124 Posts
Posted 08/14/2018   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philatomic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Panes without die cutting exist. Some were sold at StampShow in Columbus last week.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 08/14/2018   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BaldEagle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received my first order of 20 yesterday. Five were reasonably well centered, but the rest, while fairly good right to left were far out of line top and bottom with the bottom perfs nearly touching the image. I have a second order due in later this week, so will see if they are any better.
Valued Member
124 Posts
Posted 08/15/2018   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philatomic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pane with die cuts omitted.

Valued Member
United States
24 Posts
Posted 08/21/2018   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DefCon22 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mine seemed alright. Will probably order more. Out of 15, half seemed well centered. The others, yes to the left.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
673 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just got 6. All 6 seemed well centered.
All were die cut.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just received my items & both the sheet & s/s were perfectly centered & die-cut. (I'm thinking the SFS is doing a secondary quality product check before mailing out these items now)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 09/09/2018   8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for updating this thread. Guess I'll give it another shot. It's not like it's an expensive item, eh?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2759 Posts
Posted 09/10/2018   1:49 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the other SCF, a jsnoyes reported that "Noticed if you hold the sheets on a horizontal axis and swivel them a few degrees up and down the three rabbits appear and disappear in a separate sequence from each other, ie: one is fully out of the hat, one is half way out and the third has fully disappeared. Maybe just my old eyes, but I tried on several different sheets."

I got just 2 of them (both well centered) and found that I seem to have 2 stamps that are about the same and one that is different, but which stamp was different was not the same on my 2 panes (one one it was the center stamp. on the other it was the left stamp). I wonder if this is intentional and would correspond to different press sheet positions, or if it is unintended and just a poorly controlled manufacturing variable?
Valued Member
United States
21 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lefty to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are now Available from Maurice Bessette, Postmaster Oneco CT 06373. Seems they didn't sell as many as they wanted at the show, and now any postmaster can order & sell them.
I have a few on eBay, seller stamps.1a

Valued Member
163 Posts
Posted 09/28/2018   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spray on cancels easily wipe off these stamps, giving fresh meaning to the term Forever stamps. Yes, there's the pesky adhesive, but the "wipe new" aspect is interesting.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
560 Posts
Posted 09/28/2018   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ciletaliph to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the three rabbits appear and disappear
Valued Member
163 Posts
Posted 10/22/2018   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Presumably the timing variance in the rabbit's emergence from the hat is intentional, which suggests each of the 3 stamps of the souvenir sheet deserves its own Scott number letter suffix. However given an individual stamp, I don't know how one would definitively ID it to the proper suffix.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 10/23/2018   10:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The sequence would only be noticed if the sheet was intact. Separating the stamp as individuals one would not be able to discern what position (right, middle, left) the stamp came from, thus a single SC# assignment is appropriate rather than a SC# primary and a sub-case alpha designation for sheet position. The movement feature would still be noticed but the position undeterminable.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2759 Posts
Posted 10/23/2018   11:17 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
its also a different sequence on different sheets
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,798Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05