Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Price For Used Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 776Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
19 Posts
Posted 08/24/2018   2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dancer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How does one price a USED stamp, when the catalog only lists FDC and UNUSED ENTIRE?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 08/24/2018   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ggreve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What catalog are you using? In the United States the most common catalog it the Scott catalog.

Example line:
62 A6 1sh orange & blk 2.10 3.25

62 is the number
2.10 is the unused evaluation
3.25 is the used evaluation

It is worth 3.25 if it is in excellent condition and used in the proper time period. Otherwise someone could take unused 2.10 stamp and make it worth 3.25 by using it.

For more information see:
https://www.scottonline.com/ScottCa...Tutorial.pdf
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7724 Posts
Posted 08/24/2018   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you referring to a piece of stationery? Please let us know what you are asking about so we can elp

Peter
Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 08/24/2018   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dancer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I should have been more specific. I am referring to UN Postal (Envelopes, Air Letter Sheets, and Post Cards.) I am using the Harris catalog with Scott issue numbers.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7724 Posts
Posted 08/24/2018   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got ya! Generally the items you are referring to are not collected used, but if they are it is very difficult to put a price on them.

Peter
Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 08/24/2018   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dancer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to both of you. I sort of figured that, since they were not listed.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
322 Posts
Posted 08/24/2018   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a load of thes UN items mint. I picked them up when I first started collecting. They cost me only pennies per item. I haven't seenor heard of any for about a decade. Though I haven't looked. I suspect they are so common or unpopular they paradoxically become scarce.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 776Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05