Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What would you like to see as a giveaway or contest prize?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
592 Posts
Posted 08/30/2018   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add oldguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What is of interest in the "prize' category for quiz/contest/giveaway?

I'm not looking for the world's most rare stamp as an answer, but those thing you would be interest in ... what hole is in your collection that might make an interesting prize.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
South Africa
169 Posts
Posted 08/31/2018   01:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Myself personally I would love to have some Rhodesia and nyasaland varieties and flaws, but I think as a general prize a good lot of Kiloware would be a great prize. Always fun to see what you can get out of it.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
542 Posts
Posted 08/31/2018   07:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Space-fillers for rare stamps would be nice.
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
Posted 08/31/2018   08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mirman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting question. Depending on your level and area of collecting or if you collect mint or used only, I guess any stamp(s) that are elusive to you even if not necessarily expensive would be nice. It seems to be getting harder and harder to get stamps with CDS cancel; even just stamps with a nice cancel for that matter. Bottom line, I guess any stamp that could fill a gap in an album would be a nice prize for me.
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
Posted 08/31/2018   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think souvenir sheets are nice prizes. There's so many Canada souvenir sheets from the 1980's to current. Personally, I'd love to get the Millennium sheets. My collecting interests are U.S., Canada, and Great Britain, but I know there's a lot of them from other countries, too.
Pillar Of The Community
1828 Posts
Posted 08/31/2018   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Catalog(s)/literature
Valued Member
Israel
395 Posts
Posted 08/31/2018   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First and foremost - any stamp I don't have. :)

Aesthetically -
stamps with nice cancellation, that will be worth keeping even if one had them;
stamps with other than square shapes;
stamps that form a big picture, like Netherland's Christmas stamps;
stamps with tabs, like all the Israeli stamps got tabs, and there are the Belgian "not on Sunday" tabs.

Philatelically -
stamps with a story, like war zones, WWI+II occupation, the Bolshevik revolution armies and so;
complete series;
set of stamps with variations (not errors), like South Africa's early definitives, Chinese Junk, Italy's Coin of Syracuse;
stamps of dead countries or island countries.

The important thing - that it will be fun for the donor to put it together, and not costly.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
29 Posts
Posted 09/06/2018   09:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CP2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Depending on everyone interest, it will be different I suppose. I would love machins or Great Britain stamps. But I would also love stockbooks and Stanley Gibbons books. When you start, there is a lot to buy and those are expensive lol.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1966 Posts
Posted 09/06/2018   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You could offer more than one prize and let the winner chose one.
Al
Valued Member
United States
21 Posts
Posted 10/26/2018   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lefty to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Service medal stamps. ( Medal of Honor, Service Cross, Purple Heart, Deployment/Campaign medals ).
Salutes to Fire-Fighters & Paramedics.
Valued Member
South Africa
169 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   04:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A 10 or 12x Linnen loupe, would be a nice prize

Ray
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05