Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hi All would like to ask advice on postmarks on envelope  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
51 Posts
Posted 09/11/2018   8:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bailey22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi have a selection of envelopes and would like to try and work out all the postmarks and the postmark with repton on it. thanks to all Bailey

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23605 Posts
Posted 09/11/2018   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bailey,

SCF Stamp Forum 101
Please try to offer a thread title that has meaning, and assists other students in the future.
"advice on postmarks....." helps no one, and personally, I do not like answering, because the trouble I go to to respond, is just wasted, and gets lost in the 1000's of useless titles.

2. Attempt to offer a scan of the entire cover, and backstamps so we can get the whole story, one does not get a Diamond appraised from 7 feet away. It's the same with stamps.

Right that said (don't be embarrassed, you are not to know, as you are a beginner, but it helps to make you an all around better contributor)

Right,
the REPTON Postmark is either Australian or England I cannot tell from your scans.

If it is England then it is an undiscovered Postmark, and we are awaiting a scan of the Postmark, none has surfaced thus far.

If it is New South Wales I cannot see a Duplex 215 listed in my database.

Cheers

PS: Try and change your thread title to something like

"Postmark : Repton query."

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 09/11/2018 9:10 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23605 Posts
Posted 09/11/2018   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Found it.
It is indeed England
REPTON DERBYSHIRE Duplex 215

New discovery for the database,
with your approval, I'll pass it on to Allan (The webmaster) for his inclusion....

Well done you !

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23605 Posts
Posted 09/11/2018   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Postmark "Philatelic Congress of Great Britain"
is referred to as a "PICTORMARK" (Pictorial Postmark)
It has the Pmk details and a Picture of the "Maltese Cross" Pmk of the early days. (Based some say on the TUDOR ROSE.)

The green image alongside is referred to as a "CACHET" (Cashay)
Nice cover !

The PERTH Pmk, and the one above it, are "Machine Slogan Postmarks"
The envelope passes through an automatic postmarker, sometimes the cover slips, and makes another pass, like yours, with 2 impressions.

Edited by rod222 - 09/11/2018 9:28 pm
Valued Member
Australia
51 Posts
Posted 09/11/2018   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bailey22 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod, thankyou for the help
Valued Member
Australia
51 Posts
Posted 09/11/2018   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bailey22 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod, I have another two posts with some interesting postmarks would like your advice if possible. I am having chemo at the moment so this is keeping my mind off things as I have over 200 envelopes to go through. bailey
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23605 Posts
Posted 09/11/2018   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi Rod, I have another two posts with some interesting postmarks would like your advice if possible.

No problems Bailey,
nice to hear philately, takes your mind off other important things.

Shall address those tomorrow, Mr. sun has began to revist us, here in the West, so I garden in the afternoons to thaw out, and erecting a shade sail.

I generally take a bit of a rest from Stamps during summer, too much cycling and gardening to resist...........

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
542 Posts
Posted 09/12/2018   12:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Repton duplex is from the UK. Those 1d pink envelopes were used for many years. The duplex is common.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05