Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps of the New Century from 2000 onward  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/13/2018   6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How much is your interest in the postage stamps issued after 2000?
Do you collect them?

Let's see here what is the World production in the scope, during the last already two decades.

Postage stamps, Souvenir sheets, Mini-sheets.

I'd like to start with a nice Czech mini-sheet, issued in 2001, which I bought in the Prague central post office a few years ago:

Title: 1000 Years Architecture in the Czech Lands

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/13/2018   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Title: 145 Years of the First Railway Line in the Bulgarian Lands.
Mini-sheet issued in 2011.

It is the Line connecting the city of Ruse on Danube river with the port of Varna on the Black Sea.
It was constructed during the Ottoman times by an English company managed by William Gladstone, who is on one of the stamps.

Curiously enough, the year 1886, specified on this mini-sheet is wrong. It is 1866 when the line was completed and started operating.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/13/2018   6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cultural Foundation of the Federal States.
Painting by El Lissitzky.

German stamp of 2003.
Michel #2308

Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/13/2018   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada 2009.

Centenary of Canadian Diplomacy.
Michel #2552 / Yvert #2434

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5780 Posts
Posted 09/13/2018   7:39 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There may very well be some great looking stamps issued after 2000, but the enormous flood of stamps directed at the collector turned me off a long time ago. I stopped with country collections back in the seventies

Peter
Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/14/2018   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Petert4522 said: "...the enormous flood of stamps directed at the collector..."

Unfortunately this is true.
Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/14/2018   02:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Argentina 2013

400 Years of the University of Córdoba.
Michel #3499

Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/14/2018   03:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Italy 2010

150 years Corriere Adriatico newspaper.
Michel #3406

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1351 Posts
Posted 09/14/2018   11:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As for me, I regard today's stamps as little more than as nothing more than expensive stickers. I plan to cut off my MNH (if that's even relevant today) USA collection effective 1/1/20. That's when my last Mystic album will be full.

As for my GB collection, I will continue to collect used commemoratives until King Charles III takes over.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/14/2018   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France 2006

The Rouffignac cave engravings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouffignac_Cave

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3629 Posts
Posted 09/14/2018   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I never met a worldwide collector who cared about stamps after the year 2000 . All the major stamp auction firms don't list country collections or describe albums of them . It comes down to just bulk lots .

I don't think you can list and sell them because so few would sell it would be unprofitable . I would thrown MNH complete sets into mixture lots . It is the old story of people collect them because they came free in bigger lots they purchased . I believe most auction houses sell lots of MNH recent issues still intact as received from the post office still unopen by the buyer .

NO DEMAND AND NO VALUE .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
748 Posts
Posted 09/14/2018   7:50 pm  Show Profile Check chris2015's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FT, not everyone is in this for profit.

I personally not collect anything after 2000, but the ones you show here are quite attractive.

Collect what makes you happy
Pillar Of The Community
Finland
709 Posts
Posted 09/15/2018   02:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@floortrader

Quote:
I never met a worldwide collector who cared about stamps after the year 2000...NO DEMAND AND NO VALUE

I find all such claims highly... illogical

But as always there's always a bit of truth in floortrader's opinions. In the US worldwide collecting far too often equals 1840-1940 (as defined by Scott Big Blue). In Europe & Asia majority of worldwide collectors are '1840 to current' collectors (thanks to proper philatelic education).

-k-
Collecting the world 1840 to date one stamp at a time.
Author & owner of Stamp Collecting Blog
Edited by scb - 09/15/2018 02:53 am
Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/15/2018   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Portugal 2007

The New 7 Wonders of the World
souvenir sheet.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1702 Posts
Posted 09/15/2018   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Generally, I avoid 21st century stamps. They seem to be mostly contrived to collect money from stamp collectors.

The one exception is computer-vended stamps. Most stamp collectors seem to hate them, I enjoy seeing the development and evolution of these "labels".

Valued Member
Bulgaria
105 Posts
Posted 09/15/2018   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bulgaria 2000

Set of 4 stamps issued in a mini-sheet, celebrating 2000 years of Christianity.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05