Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sold Out? Did I Miss My Chance?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,853Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
Posted 09/15/2018   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add DaveG28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So did I miss out? I'm currently on the USPS website ordering some stamps from earlier this year, and I'm not finding a few. Bioluminescent Life, Flag Act of 1918, and O Beautiful do not turn up in a search for just the stamps. Were these that popular that I missed out ordering them?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7720 Posts
Posted 09/15/2018   2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave, you can always call the USPS at the cave. 1-800-782-6724. Sometimes one part of this place ( the USPS ) has no idea of what is going on and speaking with a live person is much better anyway!

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Petert4522 - 09/15/2018 2:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you go to the pull down menus you will find the stamps & other products listed, or go to the next page. It is somewhat a difficult site to navigate through & you need to really dig into the site for some of their items, even their most recent. (I was just in the site the other day and all the items you mentioned were listed in some section but not showing on the initial page upon opening the site).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   1:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've taken to acquiring the new issues soon after they are issued. I keep reading how the commemorative stamps are being printed in smaller and smaller quantities.

While I believe this is a good thing, it does leave the possibility that a particularly popular issue could conceivably be sold out in a matter of a few weeks.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1932 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave,

Never fear. Mystic will have it. eBay too.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1258 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you know the item (SKU) number for a stamp, you can search for it. I tried all of the items the OP mentioned & could find none of them. They may have been listed on the web site when elegies visited, but they are there no longer. Somewhat disheartening considering that O Beautiful was issued in early July, less than 3 months ago.
Pillar Of The Community
3959 Posts
Posted 09/17/2018   06:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The US Postal Service has a store on eBay which currently lists 472 different items available - including all 3 items mentioned by the original poster.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 09/17/2018   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just did a quick review of the latest Philatelic Catalog & those issues are still listed as available & the associated FDC/DCP items are also listed. The USPS store does not recognize the sku for the sheets though. I think they are available from the USPS Fulfillment Center but you may need the sku to order (either by phone or order form).
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
Posted 09/20/2018   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, Flag Act and O Beautiful sheets turned up at a nearby post office. However, the Bioluminescent sheet is still M.I.A. The clerk actually suggested another branch not too far away that she said usually has a good supply of stamps, but admitted that the Bioluminescent stamps sold quickly. Not giving up yet!
Valued Member
United States
21 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lefty to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maurice Bessette, The Postmaster of Oneco CT 06373 Has a Mail-order service for current USPS items. No S/H fee, Sent to you via Priority Mail, NO On-line service, Payment via Check / M.O. ( no Plastic ) For His Current List of Items for sale, send a Postcard to Postmaster 1104 Plainfield Pike, Oneco CT 06373-9998 & ask. He will send you info & order forms/return envelopes, you send him your order(s) with Check/M.O., when the check clears, he sends you your stamps. Old School.
Valued Member
United States
21 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lefty to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Attached is the 15 SEP 2018 Inventory from Maurice Bessette, Postmaster Onceo CT 06373.
Mail Orders Only, No Internet
Check/M.O. Only, No Plastic
No Fees, orders sent via Priority Mail.

Valued Member
United States
21 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lefty to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In Addition to having all of these, Mr Bessette also has Open Rolls & Panes/Sheets that he CAN SPLIT & sell you as many, or as few, as you want. Coils: Open Rolls 01-50 cents If you want a Plate Number: Coil ( PNC ) from a roll, you need to buy the minimum off of the coil. ( 30 or 20 ) You Do Not Have to Buy the Whole Coil ( 3K - 10K )
Some Panes or 20 CAN Be Split. If you want Just a Plate Block With the Selvage/Plate Number, then you buy 4 stamps & say you want a Plate Block. You Do Not have to buy all 20. Some stamps were printed with the restriction of Full Sheet Only.
Some Post Cards/Reply Cards, you had to buy a pack of 5 or 20 to get one. Not here, As many, or as few, as you want.
Booklets of 20 are booklets of 20, sorry.

If in dought, send Mr Bessette a Post Card & Ask.
Edited by Lefty - 09/24/2018 10:25 pm
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
Posted 09/25/2018   07:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My search finally paid off. On one of my futile post office stops, I met a clerk who said she was subbing from another branch a not far away, and that she was sure they had the Bioluminescent Life sheets. My mother lives nearby said branch, and was happy to take a walk and investigate, being one of my few family members who has actually shown interest in my collection. success! She found the sheet there and picked one up for me. Now I'm pretty up-to-date, other than the $1-$2-$5 stamps. Now to get those Winter Birds, this week's Hot Wheels, and the upcoming holiday stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
3959 Posts
Posted 09/25/2018   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems you spent a considerable amount of time and gasoline expense versus the several mail order options presented in this thread. Was there a compelling reason to buy them in-person?
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
Posted 09/25/2018   11:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ananthveerappan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The O-Beautiful series is not listed under stamps. But under the collectors section in their website..

They seem to be offering it as a combo.

https://store.usps.com/store/produc...gle-S_565310
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
Posted 09/25/2018   12:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John Becker: Actually, I did not use a considerable amount of time and gas. I stopped at the handful of post office branches between my office and home. I don't shop on eBay, and the stamps I mentioned were not available any longer on the USPS website. Simple as that. My original post was merely to point out that I was surprised that so many stamps from this year were no longer available through the website. I usually find it the other way around: my local post office runs outs long before the website does. If my mother had not found the last one at the branch that's walking distance from her, I would have looked into other options.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,853Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05