Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Geeky Collectibles That Could Make You Millions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 883Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
503 Posts
Posted 09/15/2018   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add hoosierboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well, the junk things you cannot live without knowing items that pop up when you brouse just showed me this on from August 27, 2018:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/per...nntp#image=6

Don and all I hope this link works. Feel free to move this topic.

Yep, you can get rich collecting stamps acording to Cynthia Measom. Wonder if she is a collector or dealer or bystander?

Which Smile should we give this article? [OO!javascript:insertsmilie('')]

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1565 Posts
Posted 09/15/2018   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found the article about one hit wonder bands from the 1970s more interesting (scroll down once you click on the link).
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
747 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   02:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is every collector's dream to discover a stamp that is printed in the wrong colour or with some outrageous error.
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   02:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hoosierboy: Just ran across this article today and as bad as this article may seem, I've run across worse recently. Author probably a bystander (I hope). Recently I posted an article of the same ilk as the one you did claiming that Columbian stamps were unusable and only issued as souvenirs.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
503 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Morning Dry Tech and all,

Were they referring to the 1893 or 1993 Columbian Issue? We can argue the 1993 issue is more so than the 1893? But then, the term used should be unnecessary?

But then, unnecessary covers many more modern issues.

Edited by hoosierboy - 09/16/2018 08:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
3584 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
20-geeky-collectibles-that-could-make-you-millions

It is the word "could" that I would emphasize and underline.

It is like one "could" potentially win the lottery by playing.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2498 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would think that such articles are generated as click bait, and the person that did this one does just that: writes, generates click bait such as the long list of articles posted below it confirms.
Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
Posted 09/16/2018   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They were referring to the 1893 issue, though the example pictured was of a used Scott 231.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 883Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05