Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's A Stamp Like This Worth?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,919Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
674 Posts
Posted 09/23/2018   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mdroth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, nope...

99% of stamps - including US - are common...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
747 Posts
Posted 09/23/2018   10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What's the Scott number for this perforated one if I may ask? Thanks
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1204 Posts
Posted 09/23/2018   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott #220. Not a rare variety, just poorly centered.
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
747 Posts
Posted 09/23/2018   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Erilaz, thanks :)
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
747 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More...

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1204 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   04:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp Smarter tool for identifying the Washington/Franklins of 1908-1922 (your stamp on the left):

http://www.stampsmarter.com/feature...rank_ID.html

Stamp Smarter for identifying definitives of the 1922 series (4th Bureau Issue, your stamp on the right):

http://www.stampsmarter.com/1847usa...ntifier.html
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
747 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   04:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My eyes could pop just looking at the list of varieties. Although the website is informative, there is no visual reference to each type, making it very hard to tell.
Learn More...
9925 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   07:02 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...here is no visual reference to each type, making it very hard to tell.

Wrong. If you just don't want to take the time to learn and look things up yourself then just say that and don't blame websites.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
747 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   10:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
51studebaker, for a person not trained to look at print method types, you expect the person to know how to differentiate between rotary press and flat plate by looking at the wordings "rotary press" and "flat plate"? As mentioned, the site is informative, but it lacks visual reference, which was all that I was saying.

Learn More...
9925 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   11:04 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
747 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   11:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I didn't explore the website thoroughly.
Learn More...
9925 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   11:17 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are over 75,000 images and 2000 webpages; if you only spent 1 minute on each page it would take you over 30 hours to view them all. The site represents thousand of man hours and is totally free. I do this because I want folks to have access to information and be able to educate themselves.

You mention that you are interested in higher value stamps. If so, it behooves you to arm yourself with as much information as you can so you can make the most informed buying decisions.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
747 Posts
Posted 09/24/2018   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will certainly learn more from that site. I have yet to venture into purchasing high value US stamps, don't think I will venture into that as it is going to be very costly. Sorting out my collection now is a big priority for me now. I have quite a handful of US stamps in my unsorted pile so I would need to spend some quality time studying the print types for the Franklins and Washingtons, no mean feat.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,919Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05