Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Identifying These Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 883Next Topic  
Valued Member

20 Posts
Posted 10/04/2018   1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dano83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I sold the following stamps on eBay as scott numbers 2529, 2529a, 2529b, 2529c. The buyer is telling me that there is no 2529b which i'm pretty sure that the last staamp in the pic is the 2529b.

Can someone please tell me if I am correct?

This is the message they sent me:
I received these 4 stamps in a glassine type envelope, they were not in order, but all mixed up. You did not label them as to what they are. In my scan, I put them in the same order as shown in your eBay picture. The first stamp on the left side (in my scan), (and as far as I can tell from enlarging the scan), is 2529 Type 1. The 1 in the numeral is ragged on the edges, which according to Scott is Type 1. The second stamp from the left is also 2529 - with ragged edges on the numeral 1 in "19". Both have a slightly yellowish matt gum. Both glow yellow-green under shortwave UV light. Your third stamp is 2529C as it is plainly a one loop of rope stamp. The 4th stamp is 2529a, Type 2 -- It has a finer dot pattern (according to Scott) as shown by the smooth edge of the numeral "1" in "19". These 2 stamps also glow yellow-green and both have a whiter type matt gum. After measuring all 4 stamps, I fine no difference in the perforations - all measuring 9.8 using the Linn's multi-gauge Perforation Gauge tool. I also compared these to my stamps (2529, 2529a, and 2529C), scanning them to look for differences between yours and mine. Notice I did not mention the untagged 2529b in my collection because I do not have it. That is why I order all of these from you, just to get the untagged version. I do not need the other 3 stamps. So, I would like to return them all for full credit, unless you can send to me just the untagged version. PS: If you can send me the one untagged version, I will promptly return all four of these.
Send note to Staff
Edited by Dano83 - 10/04/2018 1:57 pm

Valued Member
20 Posts
Posted 10/04/2018   1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dano83 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but I forgot to attach the photo

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
9925 Posts
Posted 10/04/2018   2:00 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The new Stamp Smarter tagging database might help you...http://stampsmarter.com/features/TaggingView.html
Click on the 'Search Description' button and then type in the word Fishing

Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7724 Posts
Posted 10/04/2018   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can also try www.pnc3.org

Pete
Edited by Petert4522 - 10/04/2018 4:58 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1258 Posts
Posted 10/04/2018   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If all 4 stamps glow yellow-green under short UV, then none of them are 2529b. I believe the only difference between 2529a & 2529b is the tagging. They are both type II stamps & you probably can't tell them apart without a UV lamp.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 10/04/2018   11:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mstocky2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hadn't had a chance to load 2529b, but its loaded now. You will need a SW light to check for tagging. An alternate means but no guarantee is if you have a LW light you could try see if the 2529's are all different but you can't guarantee that. The paper on 2529 appears brown with no luminescent threads under LW, 2529a is light gray with luminescent threads under LW and 2529b is paper is gray with sparse luminescent threads under LW for samples I have.

Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 10/04/2018   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mstocky2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You really need a SW lamp to guarantee 2529b is untagged.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 883Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05