Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Worldwide Collection: An Ongoing Journey

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar Of The Community
United States
874 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Geoffha - Thank you for the information, it will com in handy. Came across another batch of Fr. Morocco with some more of those issues in it.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
874 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   9:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, well I stepped in it again! I specifically told myself, I was NOT going to buy any more large collections/accumulations.

The gentleman I bought this batch from, this weekend, had been accumulating for quite a while, but never organized much. He sort of specialized in Germany, so there will be a good amount of that in here. Everything else is just as disorganized as the collection I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. Just started sorting through it yesterday, but what I am noticing is that there is much more to this batch than what he had photographed for the sale, which was mainly the German stuff, and some U.S.
Much of this are pages from dismantled album purchases, where sorted out the German items and piled up the rest. There are also stock books, glassines, envelopes full and loose stamps as well. Also found several old time approval books, with the information and prices written in fountain pen. I'm sure they were the cheap stamps of the day and are still cheap today, but there is much that I do not have.

Unlike the collection at the beginning of this thread, which I had already sorted out by country when I started this, I will be able to post updates form this collection as I sort it out.

Since my scanner is upstairs and my stamp arena is downstairs, I will take impromptu photos, with my phone, of interesting (at least to me) that I find as I do my sorting, and post them here. All comments are welcome on any of them. These may not be expensive items, just things I like.

Here are a few things I found in tonight's sorting session.

So, if you see me mention "Accumulation 2.0", this is the collection I am referring to.

BTW, I am still working on Morocco, as I sort this batch.
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   07:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That will keep you busy for awhile!

Just catching up with your posts, and greatly enjoying seeing your French Morocco. One of my favourite countries, and probably my strongest individual country collection, after Canada. Only missing 14 stamps for a complete mint collection, although a half dozen of those are beyond my per stamp budget.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
874 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
gmot - Thank you! I actually have a few more scans of French Morocco to share.

Accumulation 2.0!
Here are a few more items I found while sorting. Comments welcome.

I'm sure this is a cheap U.S. stamp, but I thought it was pretty with the large margins.

Also found what could be a philtelic "tragedy". At first I thought these 2 were on a piece of the original envelope, but then realized there are 2 different cancels and nothing on the paper. Someone "attached" these to a piece of paper with something other than a hinge. Hopefully I won't destroy them trying to soak them off.

Not sure if the information on the tag is accurate, as I haven't looked it up yet, but if it is I can't say that I haven't seen modern-ish German stamps with CV's like that.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
313 Posts
Posted 06/11/2019   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure if the information on the tag is accurate, as I haven't looked it up yet, but if it is I can't say that I haven't seen modern-ish German stamps with CV's like that.

Most German stamps from 1945 up to the mid-1950s have pretty high catalog values (comparatively), especially MNH or postally used.
Valued Member
United States
29 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   12:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

>> Not sure if the information on the tag is accurate, as I haven't looked it up yet, but if it is I can't say that I haven't seen modern-ish German stamps with CV's like that.

In my opinion there is not enough of the cancel to qualify for the Used catalog price. It's also NH?
Pillar Of The Community
France
500 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does "used NH" mean CTO?
Edited by vayolene - 06/12/2019 12:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1137 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It just means that the stamp has never been hinged (mounted).
Edited by shermae - 06/12/2019 12:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
500 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   12:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course!
But "used never hinged" ? If your stamp is postally used what's the matter if it's hinged or not?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4062 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   1:02 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't some German collectors like to keep the gum of CTOs intact (not sure whether this is CTO or not)?
Edited by GeoffHa - 06/12/2019 1:03 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
874 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, it has been hinged and has no gum.
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05