Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Worldwide Collection: An Ongoing Journey

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spain 1850, nice, love your style. Alot of work there.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
925 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ireland - Thank you! I've never really looked at it as work though. This is just a lot of fun, and very stress relieving.

UPDATES!!!

I'm currently updating my Brazil album.

For reference, I originally started this Brazil album back in October of last year. Here is a quick link to my beginings:
http://goscf.com/t/63909&whichpage=4

I recently bought a small batch of older Brazil, and have been accumulating other Brazilian stamps along the way, which in turn has made it necessary to update my album.

Started with the Dom Pedro issues. My original page for the 1866 issues included spaces for 3 types of the 100r, as listed in Scott. Not sure why I did it this way, instead of going by the RHM listing. So I decided to re-tool the page.

Here is my original page, which includes the 1876-77 issues. The Scott cat. lists the 3 types as I, II, and III.

The RHM catalog shows 4 types and lists them as 1, 1a, 1b, and 2. So that is what I went with. I also included graphics, depicting the 4 types, at the top of the page. This required me to actually split the page into 2, which is fine as it leaves me room to add other stuff at a later time. These are the 2 pages created from the 1 old page. I was lucky enough to find examples of all 4 types among the group of stamps I am working on now. I also filled some other holes as well.

The 1878-79 page remained the same, but I was able to add a few more of the missing stamps., as well as upgrade a couple others.

Old page:

Updated page:

Also while working with the Dom Pedro issues, I wound up accumulating enough duplicates to create a separate page to show some of the many cork cancels that can be found on these issues.

Next up are the Southern Cross, Sugarloaf Mountain and Hermes head issues, of which I have quite a batch to get through.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
925 Posts
Posted 09/23/2019   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple more pages from Brazil. I never even included these in my original posts for Brazil, because I had so few of them. Most of these came from my recent purchase of early Brazil stamps.

Originally I just printed the Steiner page for these, but I realized the other day that one of the only stamps I had on the page (The 100 from the 1882-84 set) was actually placed wrong. I had it identified as the "small head" type, from 1881. The problem was that I didn't have any other copies to compare it with and separate the "small heads" from the "large heads".

Even though the Scott catalog states what the differences are, I still neede visual evidence. I set out Googling, looking for good images I could use as examples of both. I finally figured out that telling them apart ids actually pretty easy. Still, I wanted visual evidence on my album page.

On this page you can see I drew out a graphic depiction, using enlarged images of actual stamps, showing the main difference between the "small heads" and the "large heads". That being the lock of hair above the ear.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any of the small head types among my stash, so I will be needing to add them.

Anyway, this was sort of an experiment for me, and I will probably do other such things as I move along.

Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 09/23/2019   8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep up the awesome job (to me anyway) that your doing. Your motivating me to get mine done.
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05