Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Overprints On Stamps Of Iran

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 2,302Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34138 Posts
Posted 11/11/2021   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll respond on the morrow HB,
Dig out the items and report.
Bed time.

You were bang on HB !
Yes, can see the depression from the letterpress.

The gum, not sure if it is auto-suggestion, but sometimes
I think I see a peachy hue, then again not, perhaps creamy brown
(My workplace is all under LED)

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 11/11/2021 5:32 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2630 Posts
Posted 11/11/2021   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, I'm convinced the gum for the PP overprints is this color. Thanks once again, rod! Both the 1 kran and 4 kran catalog $5 in Persiphila if you were wondering.

The original 1897/1898 stamps have a much paler yellowish gum, so here's more reinforcement that the PP overprints were a new printing. Reprints of the original unoverprinted stamps and their CTO reprints have white gum. But time and age has sent a lot of mint gum into the dark yellow/brown range, including the white gum used on reprints. Plus CTOs often have gum removed with the clear indentation also being largely lost in soaking.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by hy-brasil - 11/11/2021 5:50 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 2,302Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05