Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Anyone Help Me Find Author Of "Mr. Zip-His Life/Times" Article In May 2002, American Philatelist

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 738Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add JRS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
He wrote article in American Philatelist. May 2002. titled "Mr. Zip-His life/Times". Great article with wealth of info on zip blocks. Contacted APS for help and they say that currently he is not a member.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JRS, contact the American Philatelic Society. The library will make you a copy of the article (there is a cost for it, but not much) and mail it to you.

I don't think you have to be a member. However, if you are serious about collecting, I highly recommend becoming a member. There are many advantages.

When you reach 50 posts, send me an email if you are interested and I'll be happy to sponsor you.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1526 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What is the author's name?
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Swscfdc87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are looking for Lewis E. Tauber. He wrote the article about Mr. Zip. I'm fairly certain he has some articles in the Canada Archives. I hope that's what you were looking for! Good luck!

-Mary
Edited by Swscfdc87 - 10/09/2018 08:52 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33567 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Appears not to be archived

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7720 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This article is listed on page 26 of the APS index. You can find it under "services" when going to www.stamps.org. Click on "American Philatelist" and then "AP archives". It is on page 26 as I said - the article is called M Zip his live and times.
The article is on page 414 of the May 2002 issue.

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 10/09/2018 5:21 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33567 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Index only, the archives only go back to 2007
Pillar Of The Community
3959 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is clear from the original post that the JRS has a copy of the article and is trying to make personal contact with the author.
Valued Member
84 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add michaelschreiber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the citation, with notes for followup letters that were printed in the American Philatelist.

Title Mr. Zip His Life and Times
Author Tauber, Lewis E.
Publication Date 2002 May
Subjects Mr. Zip, United States, Harold Wilcox, Plate Postal Markings
Type Article

Number 116/5:414 116/7:589 Letters from Author, Paul T. Schroeder, Paul D. Angenend, John Pavlik, Barton K. Ryan, Gregg A. Hopkins, Sr., Mike Clement, Milton Keiles 116/8:682 Letter from Bennett I. Barfield 116/9:782 Letter from Charles "Terry" Shaw

Phys Desc 414 - 423
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 738Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05