Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Join Me on My Hunt Through an Estate Lot  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently won a multi carton lot that was a part of an estate. As I begin to delve into the contents I will chronicle the excavation and finds here. Come and join me on this excellent adventure.

Updates to follow in the coming weeks.

Cheers
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1564 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck!!

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
793 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   11:08 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice idea! No matter how old I get box lots are still exiting.

My Kelliher item arrives tomorrow, it's a dainty 26 volumes, 232 lbs in 6 boxes. Tons of fun!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
801 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   12:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!

And I thought I was nuts having 13 small collections to sort through and catalog.

232 pounds, 26 volumes? Good luck with that! I'd love to see what you find in yours.

Rogdcam, you don't say how big your multi-carton lot is but I'm excited to see what you find in yours as well.

I hope you both post what you find and I also hope you find some real gems in these lots.

Good luck to your both.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1143 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds fun. I look forward to this.
Valued Member
United States
43 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unhinged to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Photos! We want photos! Even photos of piles of stamps are fun to gawk at!
Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 10/11/2018   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will start this project next week. My initial though is to start with an overview of each logical grouping (album, stockbook, glassines etc.) and drill down in stages to individual items of interest. At the end I will have a cv total for the better material found to see what the percentage of purchase was and any unusual items will be individually shown regardless of monetary value. Along the way I will undoubtably need to call in my fellow forum members for help and discussion. Should be fun!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05