Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1000s of FDCs available  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
233 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wheelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am assisting my son-in-law with selling an inherited collection of stamps. We have worked our way through the many cartons of albums, plate blocks, stock books and misc US along with WW. There are thousands of US first day covers, and a few WW, quite a few topical FDC and misc. I see many FDCs on eBay at just over $1.00. I have no idea of real world value of these. If there is anyone who resides in NW Georgia, Atlanta to Chattanooga area,(too much to ship economically) that may be interested in purchasing a large lot of FDCs, I will drive to meet you. I expect these will be a great deal for someone who appreciates them. Please let me know if there is interest and I will post pictures not of the individual FDCs but of the many albums etc. Also please advise what additional info you may need.
Trying to determine if this would be better donated to APS.
Thanks for looking.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3925 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   9:48 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a general rule, unless the cachet makers are scarce, most FDCs from the 1940s to present are of nominal value. Both the APS and AFDCS (American First Day Cover Society) will accept these as donations. If you itemize, you can take a tax deduction for the contributions and the shipping costs.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3140 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Large lots of modern American FDCs often sell for as little as ten cents each.

Over the years, I've built a places-to-donate-stamps list that is available as a PDF; just PM me for the current version.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
233 Posts
Posted 10/11/2018   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ikeyPikey: PM sent. I checked with my son-in-law and they do itemize, so if that is the route taken on this, what value per cover is allowed on the donation?
At a very quick glance, this collection appears to be complete starting in the late 1930s until early 2000s. All that I have looked at, very limited knowledge here, are common cachets and most are addressed. Having added that additional info are there any specific issues that I should look for that may have value out of the ordinary?
Thank you all for your assistance on this project.
   Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05