Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sharing my newest acquisition  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   5:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add DaveG28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just wanted to share my newest stamps. These came in today's mail from a trade. Never figured I'd have any of them any time soon.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   5:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe cancelled a little heavy, but I like them.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1143 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the thrills of Stamp Collecting is finally getting something you've wanted for a long time - especially if you thought you might never get it.
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   6:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife's first question was, "Are any of the airplanes upside down?" LOL
Valued Member
United States
43 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unhinged to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife's first question was, "Are any of the airplanes upside down?" LOL

Or the ship!

Good pick up. Now you can work on trading those for specimens that are a little less heavily franked
Valued Member
Canada
141 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   9:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well if your going to dream, may as well dream big.

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
502 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   04:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great stamps DaveG
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   07:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
txstamp One of the thrills of Stamp Collecting is finally getting something you've wanted for a long time - especially if you thought you might never get it.

That is a great feeling and I've experienced the thrill several times this year. I've wanted C1 - C6 since I started collecting 35+ years ago. I got these two earlier this year. I'm down to finding VF-XF/NH copies of C1 and C6. Finding an acceptable C1 is especially difficult since the orange ink oxidizes and turns brown.

Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   08:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ajuchum to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oooooh! Is that one of the "rare" red line C3s?
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's one of the super rare C3s where the line itself was printed upside down.
Learn More...
5467 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   12:17 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

You might want to double check perfs on the 16 Cent.
Don
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So are you saying a side or all sides are reperfed? If a side which one?
Michael Darabaris
Learn More...
5467 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   1:02 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The image shows the bottom perfs lined against the sides and top. Without the stamp in hand and only an image to consider, I am hesitant to say anything definitive beyond it would be wise to double check the perfs.
Don
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got it from a very reputable stamp dealer, APS and ASDA member.
Learn More...
5467 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   2:33 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to verify, use one of the other airmail stamps you have and see how they align. If there are issues and the dealer is good, they will certainly allow you to return it.

If you do not want to verify, then mount it in your album and move on.
Don
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   3:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you want to verify, use one of the other airmail stamps you have and see how they align. If there are issues and the dealer is good, they will certainly allow you to return it.

If you do not want to verify, then mount it in your album and move on.
Don

I'm not really sure I can return something 10 months later, based on a photoshop on an online forum.

It is in my album.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05