Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Many Mistakes Can You Find?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
122 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   01:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dry Tech to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ocid=spartan

35 pics of rare, valuable stamps.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1244 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I stopped at the Penny Red, when I saw:

Quote:
The rarest collection of these stamps is believed to be a plate of 77 Penny Reds

How about plate 77...

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1244 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   1:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since they show the 1c 1851 stamp, unused, I should comment on it as well.

For it, they just say, and I'm paraphrasing:

"Benjamin Franklin, 1851 - Only two Mint and around 100 used are known to still exist."

They do not qualify what variety they are talking about. This is where it gets interesting.

One would think that they mean Scott #5 7R1E, which has about 3 known unused copies and about 100 used. So that mostly agrees.

Here is the problem: the stamp that they used for the illustration is a Scott #5A, Position 9R1E. It is also a rare stamp unused, but does not agree with their text.

What a mess. Ignorance on the reader's part here is bliss.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5387 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   1:43 pm  Show Profile Check stallzer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I stopped at the 5 million dollar penny black.....
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3500 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   4:29 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to cash in my $9 million 1d black and 2d blue. Retirement funded.
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ananthveerappan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Olive-colored Queen Victoria's Head, 1864
Value: $824,648

Shouldn't the country be Hong Kong.. It is an administrative province of china but still its own country !
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add craigk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The US pictorials are nice but not most valued or super rare.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05