Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 160 NFLD - Possible missed re-entry  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5769 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
FIG.1..I was looking at re-entries.com and Ralph had great panes A,C,D of the 3 cent overprint. He classified pane "C" having 2 re-entries and shown below on FIG.1...It shows re-entries in row 4 stamp 1 and row 5 stamp 1 and 5.

FIG.2 I noticed a possible re-entry in row 1 stamp 2 not recognized.

FIG.3 Shows a possible re-entry taken off the row 1 stamp 2 on Ralph's website.

FIG.4..Here is one of my stamps that matches row 1 stamp 2 as in re-entry pane "C"

FIG.5..Details shows re-entry and a long late scratch top of stamp.

FIG.1

FIG.2

FIG.3

FIG.4

FIG.5

Before I approach Ralph, willing to listen if you guys think I have a missed re-entry..?

Robert
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Canada
127 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Re-entry on corner allright, but the other does not look like hairline from cracked plate. It may only be considered a plate scratch. Will be interesting to see if it is uncommon or in fact a re-entry.

Mike
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by No1philatelist - 10/10/2018 9:14 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5834 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   10:13 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, the line on top ( fig. 5 ) looks more like a guide line to me

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2879 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm leaning toward the top left corner being a very light Foreign Entry ... not a re-entry. However, why not ask Ralph?

(The horizontal line looks like a plate scratch to me.)

Good luck.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5769 Posts
Posted 10/10/2018   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could be foreign re-entry and the other either a guide dot or plate scratch..Will be happy when Ralph gets back to me.

Robert
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05