Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Have Postcards With Cars On Them?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 03/03/2008   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gussyboy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would like to see postcards with cars on them--anything from the old model-T to the beautiful Mustangs!
Thanks!
Gussyboy1
Send note to Staff
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9743 Posts
Posted 03/05/2008   10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gussyboy1 please check your e mail..sent scan of the auto maxi card..phil
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9743 Posts
Posted 03/15/2008   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gussyboy I knew I had other cards with cars on them !

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1744 Posts
Posted 03/16/2008   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Phil for great cars! What classic beauties!

Thanks for sharing!
Gussyboy1
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2470 Posts
Posted 03/16/2008   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some cars in this old street scene from Sanford, Maine.

Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1806 Posts
Posted 10/25/2008   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here you go gussyboy1.

Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1806 Posts
Posted 10/25/2008   1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a little older one. Driving any of these lately?

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 10/25/2008   2:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All
Post Card #16 "New Auto Series"

Does This Count As Cars On Cards ???

DJD
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1806 Posts
Posted 10/25/2008   2:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I know it is not a car but imagine a cross country trip in this from 1964. ( no AC)

Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 10/26/2008   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bsanders to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Post cards. I didn't know that they would fit in with stamp collecting. I guess I will start looking for more cool ones for my self.
Edited by Bsanders - 10/26/2008 11:46 am
Valued Member
Canada
208 Posts
Posted 10/07/2009   6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doodles69ca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Novo Opel Tigra TwinTop

Nice little car.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2683 Posts
Posted 03/04/2011   2:17 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This one is marked Auto Day at Amarilla TX, postmarked 1909.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2683 Posts
Posted 03/04/2011   2:21 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postmarked 1923, Detroit

Valued Member
Spain
266 Posts
Posted 03/05/2011   05:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AndrewF31 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
doodles, that postcard seems to be from Portugal, no? (writing is in Portuguese at least.... can't understand the landscape in the background because it doens't resemble Lisbon and it reminds me slightly of Barcelona from Montjuic. But it could also be a montage since the skyscraper in the back seems to be the same one over and over...).

I have a set from Denmark about racing cars, with drawings of old F1s, a Mini Cooper, with the respective stamp (maximum cars). Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner and can't seem to find them on the net. They're from 2006.
Edited by AndrewF31 - 03/05/2011 07:21 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3551 Posts
Posted 03/05/2011   11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jhlovell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gussyboy1 does a handcar count??

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 03/05/2011   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With all of the nice period cards with cars on them, this one is a bit of an embarrassment. The Chevrolet Monza (1979 model shown, I believe) with a WHITE interior (!) may have been popular in it's day, but it's roots were taken from the ill-fated Vega and not even the sporty hatchback design could make up for its flaws. (One of the downfalls of GM during that period.)

The card shown was actually a dealer sent postcard to me to encourage me to buy a car (not necessarily a Monza) from a local Chevy dealer in its day:

Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05