Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Have Postcards With Cars On Them?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   09:14 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
woah, hold the phone... just saw the 11/12/2015 post from 'stude and his FERRARI 250 LUSSO! Yummy...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
7150 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   09:14 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think they had any a factory issued 1953 Starliner card, although I have a few dealer post cards with it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   09:26 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We used to be a Chevy family, so here are some Chevy postcards I have:

1973 Chevy Monte Carlo

1974 Chevy Wagon (says it is a Caprice, ours was Impala)

1981 Chevy Caprice

1982 Chevy Caprice
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   09:34 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1984 Pontiac Parisienne (mine was a 1986)

Monte Carlos, look like 1986-87

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   09:37 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When GM stopped making full size RWD V8 sedans, I was the first in the family to switch to Ford. My first was a 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis, but these LTD/Crown Victorias are essentially the same cars:

1984 Ford LTD/Crown Vic

1987 Ford LTD/Crown Vic
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsmith426 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nells250,

I never saw the 1973 Monte Carlo postcard before. It looks pretty nice. I used to have the 1981 and 1982 Caprice cards. Did you get these cards from the dealer when they were new or did you pick them up later?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   2:36 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No clue! :-) I attend an annual paper show, so I probably found it at one of those. I do have some from when I worked at dealerships, but I don't know if they'd be right for this thread... maybe I'll scan in the future!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   4:34 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I scanned some of the cards I acquired when working at a Nissan dealership. Could care less about the Nissans, but down the road was their CADILLAC showroom...

Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
896 Posts
Posted 11/17/2015   5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Superb cars/cards everyone

Here's something a bit different.

2015 NPCW (National Postcard Week) limited edition postcard (100)

Contact Demaris Swint if you want to make (and receive) some postcards for 2016 - http://www.nationalpostcardweek.com

Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
Posted 11/18/2015   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsmith426 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a postcard I used to own. It's a 1956 Plymouth. I sent it off earlier in the year to someone who owns one of these cars.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
535 Posts
Posted 11/20/2015   10:29 am  Show Profile Check rlmstamps2012's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlmstamps2012 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gussyboy1,
Reading your thread, you asked to see the beautiful Mustangs. Just bought this one on eBay. The stamp is a 3188h photo of a Mustang It is a Collins hand painted FDC. Not so old but thought you might like a look. It is the " Celebrate the Century Issue 1960s "
Bob

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3773 Posts
Posted 02/29/2016   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Q/ Anybody up on their BritCars?

Don't want to spoil the automotive mood, but that is one helluva church:

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3773 Posts
Posted 03/04/2016   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect that this image pre-dates the card's 1971 copyright.

My first car was a 1964 Ford Thunderbird; darned close to the white one driving by.

Q/ Does anybody know what they s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d into that taxi in the foreground?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3773 Posts
Posted 03/16/2016   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 03/17/2016   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Q/ Does anybody know what they s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d into that taxi in the foreground?

Based on the rear door lines, my guess is a late 1960s/early 1970s Pontiac Stageway 8-Door Airporter, which was an after-market manufactured limo by Stageway/Armbruster. They created examples in both stretch "sedan" and stretch "station wagon" models as well as ambulances and hearses of that generation, also based on Pontiac vehicles. The postcard suggests a "sedan" version of the Airporter such as the 1967 example shown here:

Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05