Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Have Postcards With Cars On Them?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1512 Posts
Posted 03/05/2011   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bfranton to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Madrid c 1956

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2683 Posts
Posted 03/05/2011   8:26 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A "dealer" postcard of a different variety. When I worked at a Porsche/Audi dealership, we would sometimes be sent nice promo packages by the manufacturers. Often, it included some nice things like this. And since no one seemed to care about them, I would snag them. I have three different sets for different models. This is a Porsche Cayenne GTS. Porsche items were always very well printed.

Edited by Nells250 - 03/05/2011 8:28 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 03/05/2011   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GM is trying the same thing now. Received this, along with 3 or 4 others in a promo packet from GM (one for Buick, Chevy, GMC and Cadillac). Very glossy. Very rich colors. Very high grade paper stock. Very nice, indeed. But VERY expensive to produce, I would imagine ... especially for a company still looking to payback US Government bailout monies:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2683 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   10:30 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One thing Detroit (or what USED to be Detroit) hasn't been very good at for years is advertising. Awful commercials. Not enough GOOD print ads. Not enough promotion of their best products. Of course, that is just my opinion, and I don't watch a lot of TV compared to other folks, so maybe I missed a few good ads. But all I ever see are foreign car ads. I like Chrysler's new ad campaign about trying to get back the old American "class", but you just can't do that with a modern Chrysler...
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9743 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nells my daughter has a Audi TT its nice to look sporty...i could ha ve warned her about the repair bills on sporty cars..but she would not have listened anyway !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2683 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   11:36 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The TT always seemed more reliable than the sedans! Hopefully she will luck out and not have any problems.
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 03/11/2011   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As it relates to this subject "Postcards with Cars on Them" ... I stumbled across this internet site that has a very nice collection of period cards of both vintage autos, related photos, racing and even dealers and filling stations of the early days of motoring. I post the link below. For those interested in such items, you may find it an enjoyable trip down memory lane:

http://theoldmotor.com/?category_na...ingpostcards
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9743 Posts
Posted 03/11/2011   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nells250 she has problems $$$$$...i drive practical vehicles that do not cost much to maintain a Camry and a Tacoma...its nice to just turn the key and go..but then I am an old fogey who does not want to spend a lot of time at a repair shop !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1084 Posts
Posted 03/12/2011   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cynical to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The post card below is not mine but a slightly cropped image from the web. It is not US but a "main street" type showing the main street of Teeswater, Ontario, Canada, which happens to be the hometown of the famous fiddler Frank Leahy. The card was for sale awhile back but the seller described the photo as having been taken in the early 1940s. There isn't a prize but, for some fun, who can be the first to tell us when the photo might have been taken.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27230 Posts
Posted 03/12/2011   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd have a guess at 1953,
that's an old studebaker on the left ?

I like the sophistication of the neon signs..."Food"

We have one in Perth here...."Eats"
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 03/12/2011   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not my postcard (unfortunately), but taken from the link provided previously. Some great period cards:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2683 Posts
Posted 03/13/2011   12:07 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PHILB - it's too bad the TT has issues... I used to be rather surprised to see the same cars in Service over and over. My 1998 Ford has 121,000 miles (still a pup!) and while it had some issues years ago that weren't its fault, it will ROT before it stops running! ;-) People who buy expensive cars tend to not keep cars long anyway... so reliability doesn't seem to matter! :-0

WT1 - those are interesting cards!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2683 Posts
Posted 03/13/2011   1:36 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3551 Posts
Posted 03/18/2011   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jhlovell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do Trolley CARS count??

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2683 Posts
Posted 03/18/2011   6:03 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No. I'd say that should be in a railroad postcard thread... hmmmmmm...
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05