Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Have Postcards With Cars On Them?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 03/18/2011   6:09 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3551 Posts
Posted 03/18/2011   8:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jhlovell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1084 Posts
Posted 04/08/2011   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cynical to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Modern_who placed an image of a post card (see page 1) showing cars in front of the Sanford, Maine, Post Office. For those looking for some closure or perhaps circularity (a wheel within a wheel to quote Noel Harrison) here is a picture of the post office taken on April 1, 2011.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 04/09/2011   10:25 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cooooool! I love then & now comparos!!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1126 Posts
Posted 09/07/2014   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Three for the topic:

Edited by stampfan9 - 09/07/2014 2:53 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 09/07/2014   3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice cars on postcards. I was curious about the "Pettit's Museum of Motoring Memories", which led me to the fact that the Museum was established in 1958 and operated until 1967. Many of the antique cars were apparently sold at the Pebble Beach auction in 2012, with proceeds going to the Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children.

Bill Pettit's obituary can be found here:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ne...id=156531309

Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
Posted 09/07/2014   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The best thing you can philatelically do with a postcard is to create a maximum card with it.

A car...out of this world: the Lunar Rover.
Sure, this maxicard is mainly about the rocketry pioneer Hermann Oberth, but the rover was basically his concept.
Edited by DC3 - 09/07/2014 10:14 pm
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
Posted 09/07/2014   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The back side:
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 09/08/2014   4:22 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding that Duesenberg, I have actually seen that car. At the time, I didn't know just how unique it is!

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot....ID=r128&fc=0
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1126 Posts
Posted 09/11/2014   09:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All, thanks for the cool links. Very cool maximum card. Gotta love a lunar buggy.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 09/11/2014   2:55 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There it is... I had to scan a photo print, but you can see it! If I knew back then what I know now... and if I had a digital camera..........................

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
566 Posts
Posted 09/11/2014   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kehess to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PM 19 Mar 1965 Oceanside CA to St Paul MN

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
Posted 09/12/2014   07:20 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Note the bullet-nose Studebaker! I see a Cadillac, I think a 1949 Ford, and the rest I don't know enough about.
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 09/12/2014   08:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Parked in the LL portion of the card is a white over pink car in what looks to be a 1955 Chevrolet!

Frankly, if the card was posted in 1965, it was about 8-10 years later than the postcard (based on the photos of the cars).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
566 Posts
Posted 09/12/2014   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kehess to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My grandmother sent this one to me. Knowing her it might have come from the bargain rack!

Here are a couple more from the same era:

PM Oct 1963 Boston MA to New York NY, Harvard

Unsent

I love the modesty in their sign.

Edited by kehess - 09/12/2014 12:34 pm
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.73 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05