Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Have Postcards With Cars On Them?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
896 Posts
Posted 11/11/2015   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a Harry H. Hamm colour postcard No. 103182. Not posted or written. HHH were in business 1907-1923 so from circa 1915-1920 perhaps. Main St looking east - Kalamazoo

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
896 Posts
Posted 11/11/2015   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bought this chrome 50's PC for the car image - not the scene. Could someone please identify the car - Dodge/Chrysler????

Town Hall and Famous Noah Webster Statue, West Hartford, Connecticut
Publisher: H. P. Kopplemann. Unused and unwritten

Happy to see Cardcow has this PC at $14.95 (used)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
642 Posts
Posted 11/11/2015   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billw2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That car is a 1952 Ford Crestline Victoria.
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
896 Posts
Posted 11/11/2015   11:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Billw2 - greatly appreciated.
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
896 Posts
Posted 11/11/2015   11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In existence before "New Orleans" even bore its name, and having served as a Spanish armory, Tujague's restaurant has survived decades of war, depression, fire and plague to bring you a tradition of culinary excellence undiminished today. http://www.tujaguesrestaurant.com

I bought the card because I liked the scene with American cars. Guessing late 60's. Thos Dunne Co, New Orleans / Curteichcolour

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3828 Posts
Posted 11/11/2015   11:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... Guessing late 60's ...

Card says 1856 + >110 ... looks like they re-used an image ... no CT serial number in the stamp box?
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
896 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   12:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks

..spotted that Ikey 110 + 1856 = 1966, so was thinking perhaps late 60's. Could be a re-print.

Code in stamp box is 4DK - 453. Any idea from that?

P Guichet noted - he bought from the original owner.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3828 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The card was published in 1964.

If you google 'images of cars from 1964', you will see the flat hoods & tail fins ... not this image.

If you google 'images of cars from 1956', you will find yourself getting warmer ;)

Fastest way I know to date an American car.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Learn More...
7312 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   09:39 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a collection of cards which were sold in vending machines at various events like car shows in the early 1960s. While not specifically post cards, they were the same size and were sometimes sent in the mail. I like them because they show some rare and unusual cars, several 'one of a kind' show or custom cars included.
Don

Learn More...
7312 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   09:40 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I have many more of these.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1273 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   10:35 am  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not a postal card - but post card sized - have several - sent to you for cost of postage only.

Edited by CanadaStamp - 11/12/2015 12:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1273 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   10:37 am  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not a car and not a post card actually, but pretty nevertheless. It's a Labatt's promo item and is really all about a London Ontario restoration of this vehicle.

Edited by CanadaStamp - 11/12/2015 12:12 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1042 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
CANADASTAMP -- WOW!! I bet that LABATT's truck would be worth a small fortune today!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1042 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The KEYSTONE STEAMER 12/6/1899 Originally built in Lebanon, Pa. The company moved to Reading Pa. in early 1900.

I bet that was a hoot to drive over dirt roads and ruts at a whooping 6 m.p.h.! It must have scared every cow, chicken and horse for a mile in every direction.

Hal

P.S. This is a great thread! Thanks to whoever started it.
Edited by Hal - 11/12/2015 4:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
896 Posts
Posted 11/12/2015   5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bas S Warwick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postcard - written not posted
Bought for the car images
Caption in German. GOES Town Hall. 17th - 18th century style with construction oldest part in 14th century - last restored in 1974

I see Renault 4, VW Golf, Peugeot, early Japanese Nissan/Toyota?

I owned a Renault 4 in the late 70's/early 80's - they made 8 million of the 4 over a 30 year period - it was the first mass-production hatchback car. The novel gear-change lever took a little getting use to.

I also had a VW Golf GT - which someone kindly stole one night. It was found much later but after the insurance company had paid out.

Edited by Bas S Warwick - 11/12/2015 5:11 pm
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05