Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Albumeasy Tips And Tricks

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4144 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   03:27 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The thick black edging for the box is what is used on MOC pages for France and the French area. This then allows for the stamp to be seen against a black background, whether it is hinged or attached with a clear mount (although most MOC leaves are sold in hingeless form these days). Looks good.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clive,

Thank you very much. I've sent you contact info. Can't wait.

I assume there is no way to add hyperlinks to the images of the stamps in the album?

Meanwhile, I found a work-around to "fill" problem. I simply use an image of a black background. But this created another problem, I can no longer same image of stamp with the album. To work around this problem, a had to use PDF editor to add images to created albums.

Here is the first page I created.

I will be using digital albums, and replace stamps with better copies as I get them. Using PDF editor created another problem, where I cannot simply replace stamp with another image. So I guess I'll wait for the new version.
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I was able to fix the problem by simply saving enough black background with the stamp image.

I started using PDF editor to add links to web page where I keep images of stamp, in order to make my album clickable. But then I realized, that as soon as make any changes in AlbumEasy txt file, I will loose all the links in my PDF file, since it generates new PDF file.

So my big question now, is there a way to add hyperlinks in the source txt file?
Valued Member
Canada
181 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   02:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Danko,
Thanks, I received your contact details and have added you to my list.

I really like your page, it looks really very nice :)
Unfortunately, neither the current version of AlbumEasy or the soon to be released V4 support clickable links in the PDF, or hyperlinks to images. But these are both items I have added to my list of future enhancements - unfortunately that doesn't help you now.
Regards,
Clive

AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
Valued Member
South Africa
202 Posts
Posted 06/03/2019   05:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with clive I also like your page, gives me a couple of ideas for my pages.
Regards Ray
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
Posted 06/04/2019   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you gentlemen.

I'm still deciding. Too many options is never a good think.

Here is the same page I did with Publisher, which took lot longer because of many options it has, and all the different things you can do with it. It took 30 min just to choose the border .

That is why I like Album Easy, it is simply and created for one thing only, to create albums.

Anyhow, decisions, decisions...

Valued Member
South Africa
202 Posts
Posted 06/16/2019   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all just downloaded and had a quick look at ver, 4, looks grate, the new paragraph will help me a lot, Busy updating and revising the user manual. Thanks Clive
Regards Ray
Valued Member
Canada
181 Posts
Posted 06/17/2019   03:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ray,
I look forward to an updated version of the user manual when you have the time.
Clive
AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05