Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Happens If The US Quits The Upu?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 691Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
1569 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   10:51 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If this happens I don't think it will be good for my International shipping, but does anyone know the real impact?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
9896 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   11:01 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1569 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   11:47 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don please delete my post, I didn't mean to cross post or what ever it's called. I thought someone should be watching this development but I never noticed the "Philatelic News" category before you sent me the links.

Thanks,

Ken
Learn More...
9896 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   11:57 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ken,
But you are asking a good question. At this point it is unclear to me if the US is simply negotiating or if this is a 'done deal'. It would certainly bring to an end of the infamous USPS ePacket program which was giving Far East-to-US shippers rates which were many times lower than US-to-Anywhere rates.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5952 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   12:08 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
TPP, JCPOA, UNHRC - perhaps it would save everyone a lot of time if the US government simply withdrew from everything.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7081 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It would certainly save the US a boat load of cash.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
638 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   12:33 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
perhaps it would save everyone a lot of time if the US government simply withdrew from everything

Seems to me that's the direction this administration is heading.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1321 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It would certainly bring to an end of the infamous USPS ePacket program which was giving Far East-to-US shippers rates which were many times lower than US-to-Anywhere rates.

I think that's probably the biggest bargaining point. I wouldn't buy shares in Wish.com right now.
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 10/18/2018   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add adcaplan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, when you can buy something cheaper (including shipping) from China then it costs to ship the same item within the US, something is broken. I bought some small items from a company in China for $2 including shipping, then when I received them I wanted to send part of it to someone else, and the cheapest shipping option was over $3 through the USPS. So, it was cheaper just to buy another from China and have it directly shipped to them then to ship it domestically. How can US businesses compete? It makes no sense. I am glad they are stopping it, although as a consumer, it will increase my costs.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 691Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05