Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Cigarette Stamps (Pre-marijuana!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
742 Posts
Posted 10/22/2018   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Canadian tobacco tax stamps are a tricky field to collect.
I try to collect just a representative selection.
Here is my page for current cigarette stamps:

It's set up like this:

CAN 20 25·····················Extra: CAN cigars
··QC 20 25····ON 20 25
··BC 20 25····AB 20 25
··NS 20 25····SK 20 25
··NB 20 25····MB 20 25····Extra: MB 50

PE uses NS
NF YT NT NU use CAN
(I got this from the tax guy at Revenue Canada.)

You can see my problem: the glaring 3 holes - the bane of stamp collectors - the empty spaces!
I am missing AB 20, SK 20, and MB 20. Aargh!

I am wondering if there are any other collectors of these stamps in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba who are willing to trade QC stamps for their provinces' stamps?
-or-
if there is anyone in these provinces who can send me the cigarette packages (minus the cigarettes)?

These stamps are devilishly hard to separate from the packaging.

Thanks for your consideration.

Send note to Staff
Edited by sak - 10/23/2018 2:47 pm

Pillar Of The Community
742 Posts
Posted 10/22/2018   11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You will notice the similarity of the above stamps with the new Cannabis Stamps.
It appears that PE, YT, NF, NT, and NU will have their own stamps.
They will be expensive to collect. I would be happy to join a group that trades these. I can find QC's, I hope.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
822 Posts
Posted 10/22/2018   11:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will be looking to get the cannibis excise ones also. Since I don't partake it is going to be a challange.

I do have some of the older grey cigarette ones in 20 and 25 as well as some weight ones from tobacco itself.

Mike
Valued Member
Canada
10 Posts
Posted 12/15/2018   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hedgehog to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
since it appears I can't e/m a contributor to post I'll add to the post
While I can't see to much detail of the scan I too have plenty of cigarette 25 excise revenue stamps will only CAN However I have many more 50 Tobacco all CAN serial or prefix AGG3,4,5 BAB3,4,5,6 BET2,3 BHH CPN and others ~ I can't be believe there can be too many who collect these "modern" excise stamps Just an aside here I believe the AGG & BAB might be some of the first in this issue. I have used the Greene VSC6000 (expertizing) and found plenty of security features in these stamps
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1237 Posts
Posted 12/15/2018   4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've made the cannabis exchange offer under the topic - see the link below.
I will have multiples of Ontario's stamp if my friend is mailing them to me while I'm out of Canada.

http://goscf.com/t/63917
Pillar Of The Community
6776 Posts
Posted 12/16/2018   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone out there with the Canadian marijuana stamps, and wants to sell them, I have a big stamp collector who asked me to keep an eye out for him..He will buy them.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
742 Posts
Posted 03/23/2019   12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have completed my modern cigarette page:

(As I said before, there are none from PE, NF, YT, NT, NU)

The last was SK 20. I have a friend whose partner has a friend in Regina and after months of waiting, my friend gave me the unopened pack of cigarettes and say. "By the way, it cost him $35 to send it here!"
I gulped and paid up. I'm glad I didn't have to do that for the rest of them!
Incidentally, a night's soaking still made removal difficult. I recommend items be saved "on piece".

I have some QC CANNABIS for anyone who would like to trade.
BlackJag has ONTARIO, I see.
We can help each other on this. I don't smoke either variety but have friends who do. The pot is readily available online for about $12 minimum here in QC.
There will be 14 different CANNABIS stamps, I believe. Join the club!

Valued Member
6 Posts
Posted 01/21/2020   07:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bricek to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The cannabis stamps look the same too, I am trying to collect them but so far I only have the B.C ones.
Edited by Bricek - 01/21/2020 07:45 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05