Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Future Of White Ace Albums?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
United States
1 Posts
Posted 09/16/2019   11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crmcdona to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Look on eBay for "U.S. supplements similar to White Ace". There are a couple of people offering. Latest word, White Ace sold, but production of pages will take some time according to the old White Ace website.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
634 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   12:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"There was some recent release (I can't recall at this moment) where there were four designs and each design also came in its own sheet. Visually (from the front) each design from the block was indistinguishable from its solo counterpart, but from the rear you could tell which was which by the backing paper. So I would maintain they are two distinct stamps, but Scott said its only one stamp."

I guess I have to differ (again). I'd call two stamps that were identical from the front -- you know, the part of the stamp we collect -- identical. I don't collect the back of stamps, one reason I've never been enamored of the whole "never hinged" obsession. I'll take good-looking hinged stamps all day every day. And if the backing paper varies, well, it's supposed to be removed under normal use so that means the stamps are, in fact, identical. One exception might be if you display your stamps backwards, showing the backs of the stamps. No one does that, do they?
Edited by DrewM - 09/19/2019 12:04 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2517 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   06:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
People do not just collect designs. Some collect production varieties of stamps so many differences may not be seen from front, back, or side. I collect tagging varieties, some collect gum type varieties, etc. The diversity means there will be differring methods but neither is better or worse.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3512 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   07:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you use the "identical" argument it rules out a whole bunch of stamps that have as their difference watermarks. No?
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05