Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hanukkah 2018 USA & Israel  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
21 Posts
Posted 10/29/2018   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Lefty to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hopefully most folks already know, USPS & Israel Post have issued stamps for Hanukkah 2018. The Artwork is similar, the borders & text differ.
Supposedly USPS has ordered a batch from Israel, and will have them for sale here. However, its been a few weeks since they said that. ( Maybe busy with election mail ... ) Here's a broadcast I received:

To Lefty Dundee on October 17, 2018 at 2:57 pm
OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS USPS
==
Good Morning Lefty,
I am happy to advise we will be selling the Israel Hanukkah issue stamps and offering the Israel FDOI cancellation. We are currently working thru the specifics with pricing & format. I will be sending a notification out as soon as I have the approved specifics.
I know that we will have a joint issue FDOI cachet for purchase, I am unsure of any other products to be offered at this point.
I will let you know more when I know more.
Thanks for all you do!
Celia Rodriguez USPS Kansas City MO
( Official Address & Phone Number removed )
==

Two weeks later, still no info.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
78 Posts
Posted 11/02/2018   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txphl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lefty,
Going to the TSDA stamp show in Houston today. What are you looking for? I can ask around to see if anyone's gotten their hands on any stamps, FDCs, etc...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
894 Posts
Posted 11/02/2018   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to my information, the USPS is only selling the Israeli Hanukkah stamps in full sheets for $35. This is a very slight markup over the face value of the stamps. Item number is 801217. There are eBay sellers offering single stamps for around $6-$8.
Valued Member
United States
21 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lefty to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, thanks for the USPS# ( 801217 )
Not seen on USPS.COM, I guess just (800)STAMP24.
One of my contacts said there would be a FDoI from Israel also available through USPS.COM Oh well.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05