Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bulgaria Stamps : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 4,015Next Topic
Page: of 5
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   03:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1938 Steiner Page 27.

1941 Steiner Page 31.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 11/28/2018   4:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1940 Steiner Page 29.

1940 Steiner Page 30.

Sc#419 with label, detail.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 11/28/2018   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1959 Steiner Page 43A.

1959 Steiner Page 59B.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 11/28/2018   4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1961 Personal page 7A.

1961 Personal Page 10A.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 03/24/2019   02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I wonder if any members can assist with a Michel Catalogue reading, please.
I have 2 different colours of Scott #471

Dark Green is listed, yet the catalogue shows a definite brownish look.
I don't think it can be a colour changeling, I have about 60 copies of this stamp, with both colours, the green appears on a poorer type paper.
I am discombobulated.
All I can think, is that I have "catalogue blindness"

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3072 Posts
Posted 03/24/2019   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod,

Mi 507 is described as olive green to grey green.

SG simply has SG 554 deep green (shades).

Neither mentions paper differences.

I have two copies of this stamp and they have very different shades:
Nigel
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 03/24/2019   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo, Nigel.
You saved me once again.
Such a vast difference, it is extraordinary that it has not been addressed in the catalogue.
Oh well, peace of mind, at least. Thanks.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3843 Posts
Posted 03/25/2019   06:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pages Rod

Thanks for sharing

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 03/25/2019   1:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are good for the spirit, Dianne.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1565 Posts
Posted 03/26/2019   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection, Rod. I always enjoy your postings.

One "minor" suggestion.....if you haven't visited Bulgaria, go before it gets "discovered." But may be too late as I was there in August, 2014. It's a really neat little country; very hilly and mountainous. The main street in downtown Sofia is a mile long pedestrian mall with shops, restaurants, and apartments. Many street signs are in both Cyrillic and English. The pictures of Rila Monastery on the Bourchier stamps don't do the place justice. It is magnificent. Also enjoyed the climb of Mt. Musala, the highest peak in Bulgaria, and the Balkans. Talked on the mountain with a lot of locals. They were surprised to see Americans as they don't get many, at least at that time. Steve
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 03/27/2019   12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I have done all my travelling in my 20's-30's Steve.
Solitude is my thing, these days.

Any Bulgarian reading your commentary will be very pleased and proud.
It is always great to hear positive, good news on topics these days.
Bravo you.

Valued Member
Canada
16 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mic-8538 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
why are some on mounts and some outside of mounts? also great collection!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32171 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
why are some on mounts and some outside of mounts?

I collect worldwide, I could not afford to mount every stamp.
I mount Mint Unhinged
Used or previously hinged, I hinge.
(Generally speaking)
Valued Member
Canada
16 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mic-8538 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your fast reply!

do you think it's worth it putting in the time to properly cut mounts so they can fit in the square of the Steiner pages or would it be too much of a hassle? basically what I'm asking is did you not have them perfectly inside because it doesn't bother you or because the squares aren't big enough?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5596 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   6:01 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my unhappy experience, it looks awful if you cut black mounts to fit the borders of oversized spaces.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 4,015Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05