Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bulgaria Stamps : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 4,033Next Topic
Page: of 5
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32213 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   6:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What you see is just my own personal standard of presentation.
That is, what is good enough for me.
Stamp preservation is my main concern.
I have no issue with hinging, I consider it a better result than clumps of stamps in glassines.

I purchased 7 Kilograms of mounts from Canada, all mixed, black and clear.
I cut the showguard mounts in half lengthwise, to double my content,
and have "Open top" mounts in preference, as it makes it easy to replace stamps when better examples arrive.

Worldwide collecting demands one to be ultra organised, with the ability to accord time spent, with perfection limits.

For example, I could spend an entire life collecting Turkey or Belgium, the more countries one collects, the more sparse time one can spend on each discipline.

Basically it come down to what ever interests the individual.

Thanks for your viewing Bulgaria.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Spain
272 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   6:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
There are several reasons why I make my own sheets.
One of them is that I fill them a lot and another I put the same series together, without separating the years.
These have transparent mounts.
Regards.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32213 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set Roberto, always liked those.
Nice to see used stamps on pages, and the Flag in corner.
Well done.
Valued Member
Canada
16 Posts
Posted 05/07/2021   2:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mic-8538 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
really nice bulgaria pages! here is my work in progress of edited steiner pages

Edited by mic-8538 - 05/07/2021 2:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3072 Posts
Posted 05/07/2021   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's always a pleasure to see how other collectors set out their stamps, especially when they take the trouble to create their own pages.

When I was young I bought Stanley Gibbons' book, How to Arrange and Write up a Stamp Collection, and I remember being amazed by the photographs of so many careful arrangements of fine stamps along with beautiful calligraphy.

The author suggested trying using stencils or Letraset transfers if our handwriting wasn't all that neat (and mine certainly wasn't!)

I quickly gave up on the idea of writing up and I never have, apart from one time so far when I displayed some of my stamps at my society.

I started off using stockbooks, going from small handy ones to rows of large 64-sided Prinz and Lighthouse ones.

Over time I found this too restrictive and I settled a long time ago on setting out everything on black Prinz or Hagner stocksheets.

I still don't include any titles or explanations and I just rely on my catalogues to explain them.

However, when I see neat layouts such as Rod's Steiner pages, or these amazing versions by mic-8548 I have to admit they make such a good impact.

It's great to see the historical context brought to life as while I've always enjoyed seeing stamps, it's really their inspiration to find out more about their stories that has kept me entertained for so long.

Thanks again everyone here for sharing your pages.
Nigel
Valued Member
Canada
16 Posts
Posted 05/07/2021   9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mic-8538 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I mainly collect for the history aspect of it it's never about value but about the fact I can hold something that is 50-100 or even 150 years old! and I make sure to always put pictures from the same year or close to it just so the impact of looking at something from that era is emphasized!I look forward to finishing up this album and sharing it with the community so I can hopefully get more people to collect stamps from this beautiful country.
Edited by mic-8538 - 05/07/2021 9:02 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32213 Posts
Posted 05/07/2021   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The author suggested trying using stencils or Letraset transfers if our handwriting wasn't all that neat (and mine certainly wasn't!)

I quickly gave up on the idea of writing up .

Ah! Lettraset and stencils, I went down that road
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 4,033Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05