Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Just Spent All My Money...

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 2,308Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add southpaw to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just when I think my stamp mad money account is looking pretty good, another opportunity comes about. A friend recently purchased a very large collection of bank checks, proofs, stocks, bonds etc etc. My eyes popped and my wallet opened REALLY wide. What is nice is the collector paired die proofs with bank checks and stocks. I'll be uploading a few over the next few days. Enjoy.

What's really cool is comparing details amongst these.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
131 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   7:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add richar babcock to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
nice hope to see more
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   7:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add southpaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
more to come...

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a fabulous collection. I'd have been broke as well. Did you manage to obtain the entire collection from your friend?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
851 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I only collect revenue stamped paper for the vignettes, so I find this stuff super cool. Well done, southpaw!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5567 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   7:59 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous material!
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36778 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

It may be the scanner, but it seems to me some papers are beginning to tone,
which begs the question, with lovely material like this, surely a fabulous investment, are there people in the US, that offer services to professionally mount material like this?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add southpaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will be removing those from the card stock. They are just mounted with corners. On the back of those pages several have notations in pencil: 1951 - $6, $8, $9. I'll have to look up how that relates in today's dollars. I'll scan some more of the several hundred items tomorrow
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea to get them off the old paper, but don't through them away if there are notations on them until you've had a chance to study what it says.

If you look at auction sites, such as Robert A. Siegel, and even eBay, you will find some of this material. The sale of the Banknote company archives will also be a very useful catalog to find as that surely had some of this type of material.

Archival quality materials, both paper and mounts, are what I would recommend for this material.
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
Posted 11/05/2018   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add displaced_hippie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! These are amazing they would make for a fantastic presentation.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
586 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   07:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
great bunch of items. enjoy owning them and please post more as you can.
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Swscfdc87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, they are beautiful. What a lovely collection. The engraving proofs are wonderful!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add southpaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple more - these with nice SON cancels. For all of you who appreciate the vignettes, I'll include some close-ups. With scans you can really appreciate the craftsmanship that went into these.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2570 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   11:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a terrific collection. Thanks for posting.
Valued Member
Canada
203 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mirman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The great beauty of engraved stamps or documents. Great stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there more to come?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 2,308Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05