Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I have a stamp, I want to know its value  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1 Posts
Posted 11/07/2018   3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add AhmCvv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
Please how much is the value of this postal stamp

Thank you

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
5590 Posts
Posted 11/07/2018   5:26 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
You can learn more about your stamp here http://www.stampsmarter.com/1847usa...ntifier.html
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
542 Posts
Posted 11/07/2018   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It tells you on the stamp how much it's worth :)
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
928 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
well, at least there is something going on about the perforation, and I think this is the reason AhmCvv asks about this stamp here - should have chosen another title and text.

the perforation at the bottom is different from the top, maybe perf 10, you should use a perforation gauge. still, it looks a bit strange, so a better scan would be needed, especially without image processing to see the borders better.

so I would do further investigation about this stamp.

Learn More...
5590 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   03:17 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
AhmCvv,
Do you own the stamp in your post? I ask because the image you used came from Siegel's census. https://siegelauctions.com/display_....php?id=2026 .

So I assume that you are aware of the value of a 554d (since the image is from Siegel's site) and am curious as to why you would ask for feedback in this community.
Don
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add craigk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well played. Kind of like that foreign seller on eBay who was cut and pasting rare items into his sales
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1202 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have not been a big user of google image-search, but I'm sure starting to see the value of it. Good call.
Valued Member
Canada
174 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. So it appears someone may be on a fishing expedition? Out of curiosity regarding that census report, do they list catalogue or selling values for the items listed. I do not have a copy and am unaware myself.

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1066 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice detective work, Don.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   12:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add craigk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
regarding that census report, do they list catalogue or selling values for the items listed.

Siegel does not list selling prices or cat value alongside. It's essentially a listing of all known copies of very rare stamps.
Learn More...
5590 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   04:29 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This thread was flagged by another member as suspect. We want to give folks the benefit of doubt and try to not assume anyone's motives. Hopefully the OP will come back and let us know the purpose of his original question, 'how much is the value of this postal stamp'. Perhaps he is considering buying this stamp, perhaps he owns it, perhaps he was up to something 'less than good'.

Don
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05