Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another expensive misrepresentation...Scott 544-what do you think?  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
24245 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well since you did not bye the item

In a strange twist of language, I think you did.........

Bye = Farewell.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1057 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   6:20 pm  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When the above listing image is scaled down, the stamp design does not appear to be the correct proportions (19 x 22mm) for #544

I beg to differ. I checked the aspect ratio and compared it with a flat plate image and a 543 single stamp image from a plate block. The millimeter dimensions quoted above are not accurate enough to derive a useful aspect ratio. The aspect ratio from the image was about 1.17. I also created an overlay after resizing the reference image to match the width of the stamp in the image. The original image and the overlay were the same height. The image below overlays a 543 at 50% transparency over the OP image. It is also clear that a slightly taller 542 (perf 10 x 11) from the top or bottom of a sheet could potentially be reperforated at the top and bottom to resemble a 544.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05