Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

An-225 Spotting around the world  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3204 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Antonov An-225 is a singularity and the world's largest cargo aircraft flying today.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/...e/index.html ... #2 lies unfinished in a hanger near Kiev

One way to collect the An-225 is by the stamps, but good luck finding those Gambian or Solomon Islands stamps GPUP (Genuinely Postally Used on Piece).

While you are waiting, you can create a Google Search on "AN-225" and follow the aircraft as it lands around the world:

You could print news of each 'visit', and attach ancillary items, such as a postcard of that airport / city / ethnography, or related stamps from that country, and build the sort of travel diary that a member of the flight crew might keep.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey (who has edited this post to correct the aircraft model number)

PS: I cut my finger on my daughter's monster chef-style knife, and she asked: "Do I need to senior-proof the kitchen?"

PPS: Of age-related cognitive decline, I have often said: "Never let them tell you that it is not contagious."
Send note to Staff
Edited by ikeyPikey - 11/09/2018 08:57 am

Valued Member
Russian Federation
414 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I saw with my own eyes the transportation of the Buran spacecraft on the AN-124 fuselage ... a spectacle unreal
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1098 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   08:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I saw with my own eyes the transportation of the Buran spacecraft on the AN-124 fuselage ... a spectacle unreal

Wouldn't that have been the AN-225, the six-engined monster.

I've seen an AN-124 flying over the house after delivering a payload to Kennedy Space Center. There was one here the other day, but I didn't see it.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3204 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Robert. OP corrected.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
Russian Federation
414 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wouldn't that have been the AN-225, the six-engined monster.

You are right! It was in 1989...

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05