Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Tracking my use of Forever Stamps  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
213 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
About two months ago I decided to start a spreadsheet to track how many different Forever stamp designs I have used. At the start, I used whatever design the local post office had for sale after all a stamp was a stamp---which most often were the Liberty Bell, flags or later on the 4 words: Freedom, Justice, Liberty and Equality. By 2015, I was tired of the sameness and wanted to "spice it up". Fate took me to the USPS website and there I found contentment, choosing any that caught my eye.

Circus Posters, Reagan, La Florida, Vintage Rose were among my first purchases. Others I have really liked are the Summer Harvest, Elvis, Botanical Art, National Parks, and Andrew Wyeth.

The Forevers that have an intaglio feel are also among my favorites. The most recent Air Mail centennial ones are cool.

As of 11/8/2018, I have used 87 different Forever stamp issues—301 designs. Example: I counted the Liberty Bells as 1 issue, 1 design even though there are different varieties recognized.

By the end of 2018, I will have used 8 more issues with 23 designs if all goes as planned.

Call 'em expensive stickers, USPS cash grabs or what have you—this collector and user likes the various issues.

-MV
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Do you stock up on Forever Stamps before postage increases to save on postage?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
213 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I have in the past and will likely do so again. At the most I have around $100 worth in my stockpile often it's $75 or less.

I forgot to mention in the first post that I've also used the Coastal Birds postcard Forever and a few of the Seashell postcard Forever stamps. As well as the Folk Art Eagle #10 envelopes. I didn't include these in the above count.

-MV
United States
3 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add giltanis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife sells used books on Amazon after she reads them so I used her to "launder" my extra stamps. I have considered enclosing an envelope and trying to get someone to send me back the package but have not done so yet. Have used lots of stamps this way. Makes it a lot easier to get the new issues I like.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05