Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What is this grill ?, Im having a hard time identifying what do you think?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

64 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dan Townsend to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone;
I have a interesting Washington 3cent stamp ,it has very unusual perfs I dont see that much about them in Scotts catalog is it a desirable or not I wonder, they are raggedy looking .
Also Im guessing the grill is ether a d grill or a z grill or something else .but the size is questionable I think its 14x12 mm and the numbers of points are questionable 17or16 points to 14 points I look at the points I think they are going down ?
What do you think?
Thanks Dan

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
996 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dan, forget about the size. Counting the rows and columns is what matters. Looks like you've done that properly, so you should be able to identify your stamp using this resource:

http://www.stampsmarter.com/learnin...8Grills.html
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
64 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a horizontal ridge but I still not real positive because I never seen it before.
Valued Member
64 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your help
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1057 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   02:23 am  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Larger images would make counting easier. The partial row at the bottom is a clear indication of an E grill. Sometimes the truncated rectangles initially give the impression of horizontal peaks, but only on the bottom row. Partial Z grill rows would be vertical, if present.
Valued Member
India
11 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   07:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add youngstampguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm too young to understand these 'grill ' things. But are the grill rows aligned properly? I am not saying anything bad about the stamp but this is how I will learn by asking questions.
Valued Member
64 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dan Townsend to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting stuff these grills leaves me with some idea's
Thanks
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05