Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

LEBANON airmail Boy Scout -error in printing  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
3742 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   10:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add floortrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is a long ago discovery that the catalogs don't list . The letter that I have explains it . Plan to make a separate page in my album for it .

Send note to Staff
Edited by floortrader - 11/09/2018 10:19 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3742 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   10:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
24245 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks FT.
What intrigues me, is how you managed to get an image without the little arrows moving?
Obviously not on a scanner platen. How did you do it?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3742 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First the stamps are placed in a clear plastic sheet protector .The arrows are glued to the top of the clear plastic sheet
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
24245 Posts
Posted 11/09/2018   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Right. Thanks.
United States
2 Posts
Posted 11/10/2018   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scout guy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Although new to forum, not a stamp expert. The letter shown does not say "Boy Scout " but references "Scout ". Do you have specific information that identifies the stamps as Bou Scout? The trefoil on the stamp is typical of the Girl Guides (British origin) and used by Girl Scout organizations around the world. For accuracy, it appears the stamp may have been intended to be universal?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3742 Posts
Posted 11/10/2018   1:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Scout guy to this forum . You are right . But you need to view this stamp as part of a much large set ,both regular stamps and airmail stamps that were issued to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Lebanese Boy Scouts. Thanks for your posting .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3742 Posts
Posted 11/10/2018   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scout guy ---In hindsight 60 years later after that set was issued by Lebanon maybe mixing Boy and girl Scout symbols together on that set ,who knew of the changes that are happening to both organizations in 2018 .

United States
2 Posts
Posted 11/11/2018   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scout guy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader, thank you the welcome. I did a bit more research. What I found is the Lebanon Boy Scout Program has used several different designs. Primarily they used either a flurdelee or a Cedar of Lebanon tree. My personal conclusion is the the stamp is reference to Fédération Libanaise des Eclaireuses et des Guides. The current information does not show old designs but I do have the historical designs of the Lebanon Boy Scouts and the trefoil does not match.
I do have a deeper knowledge on scouting questions than stamps in general.
As a footnote, The BSA Program now excepts girls at all levels. It does not mean BSA and GSA are merging. They are not. The BSA action brings them into alignment with Scout Programs around the world. I believe there are countries where the boy and girl programs have merged. I am not aware which countries.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3742 Posts
Posted 11/11/2018   8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the additional info . and update on the Scout situation .
Pillar Of The Community
1859 Posts
Posted 11/11/2018   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever that mark is it is not an Arabic zero unless somehow it was intentionally placed sideways and why would it not be next to its fellow numerals. It seems more like something went awry in the printing process.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1248 Posts
Posted 11/11/2018   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Stanley Gibbons catalogue describes the set as Lebanese Scout Movement Commemorative (no mention of Boy), and lists the 15 p stamp as Cedar and Guide badge. Perhaps there is an error in the OP's heading.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3742 Posts
Posted 11/12/2018   12:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps not , Scott catalog calls it Boy Scout issue . About the error I'll go with the way it is written in the letter and place that in my album and move on to something else .
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
24245 Posts
Posted 11/13/2018   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

FYI scout image 1916

Józef Haller von Hallenburg (August 13, 1873 – June 4, 1960) was a Lieutenant General of the Polish Army, a legionary in the Polish Legions, harcmistrz (the highest Scouting instructor rank in Poland), the President of the Polish Scouting and Guiding Association

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016...es-from-wwi/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05