Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

U.S. revenue SOTN/bullseye cancels

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
80 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add txphl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First lot starting at 1c on HipStamp: https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/us...des/22431116
Same on eBay - but they gave me the 3rd degree to even be able to create my first listing! Anyway, here it is: US|R84c|Used|1863|$2.50 Inland Exchange Revenue Collection|SOTN https://(Offsite URL shortening not allowed-2018-09-28)/SHw5kf via @eBay also starting at $0.01 no reserve.
Feedback from the revenue collectors and experts is most welcome. You can tell by my minimal ad that I'm neither a web designer nor an eBay power user. However, straight to the point.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1216 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

I'd like to bid on your lot, but I am a little confused by your listing.

It looks like you will sell to the highest bidder when the auction ends, but then you are also accepting best offers?

Will you sell to the highest best offer before the auction ends then?

It seems like the auction would be one way or the other, but not both?

Thanks

Jim
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 11/08/2018   5:47 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Moot point. Someone has bid and once a bid is made, Buy It Now and Best Offer options disappear, so it has to run to completion.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
80 Posts
Posted 11/10/2018   02:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txphl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Jim, sorry - as you can tell, this is my first time creating a bid. You'll see that it's my first (and so far only) listing. The other lot is on HipStamp.
As I stated on a separate post, that lot is https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/us...des/22431116

Also, SCF members with 50+ posts get 5% discount on their first order.

Appreciate everyone's patience and advice.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05