Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Finding Owner Of Stolen Stamp Collection

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 3,699Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
Posted 11/18/2018   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobmill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have opened a line of communication with Jesse (I am also in Utah) and I will be talking with him tomorrow. I am sure that I can provide the assistance that he needs

Bob
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
952 Posts
Posted 11/18/2018   7:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep us informed. I am interested in how it turns out, as I am sure others are as well.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 11/19/2018   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jjett84724 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey all. First off, I'd like to thank you for all of your help. The FBI has taken the criminal portion of this case federally, and will hopefully find the owner of these stamps.

Again, thank you for all of your help. I appreciate it.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
Posted 11/19/2018   7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobmill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We had a nice conversation and it appears that the vast majority of the stuff was in the form of envelopes bearing one and two cent Washington-Franklin head stamps - your basic "Pick what you want for a quarter each" material. I go no indication from the conversation that there is anything of any philatelic value there and I have no reason to believe that the thieves will be able to peddle them at any price especially since the FBI is now also involved in finding them.
1 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enuminous to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also trying to recover a stolen stamp collection, although this is a VERY long-shot. There was never a report, but in 1987 my U.S. Scott album was stolen from my residence in Davis, CA. I had purchased every stamp starting as a child from The Stamp Shoppe in Sacramento, when it existed, and I estimate I spent well over $1000 over the course of about 10 years. I briefly was a member, then, of the Davis Philatelic Society. I'm certain that the album was stolen by somebody connected with the man arrested for assaulting me that same month, but I had to go to Southern California because of threats by these people. Obviously, the internet didn't exist, and my mental health did not allow me to search for this, but if anyone ever picked up an unknown Scott Album collected by a kid from Davis named Matthew Wright, well, that's me, and I'd love to have my stamps back, especially now that my father, who helped me collect them, is in hospice. Any help will be appreciated. I don't really know where else to ask. Thanks. *** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 3,699Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05