Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 USPS Issues... News? Thoughts? Opinions?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2697 Posts
Posted 11/21/2018   4:50 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
... aaaaaaand this topic officially heads into 2019!

https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamp...evealed.html

I like the upcoming Chinese New Year issue:

... cacti I like, USS Missouri, rivers, frogs, fairs, high-values, postcard rate coil...

Your thoughts?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1274 Posts
Posted 11/21/2018   5:33 pm  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ever seen Canada's Chinese Year issues?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
755 Posts
Posted 11/21/2018   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada Stamp, I may be a little off topic, but Canadas CNY issues soon will come to an end as they are on the second cycle of them. The series was long enough for one cycle of years and would have sufficed like other countries around the world. They did not have to go into it twice as collectors are tired of it, especially the way they added transitional souvenir sheets of outgoing and incoming issues. Bleeding us dry.

Mike

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2559 Posts
Posted 11/22/2018   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The USS Missouri would have been better if done at a different angle. The impressiveness of the firepower is lost in the low front end view.

One would think for the high value stamps they would do them as engraving.

The Love and Flag stamps seem dull.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2697 Posts
Posted 11/22/2018   3:45 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I dunno, it isn't that bad ;-)

Valued Member
115 Posts
Posted 11/22/2018   3:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very meh. Eliminate flowers, birds, flags, and events for which the prior year's stamp would do just fine, and not much remains. Much of the artwork, especially that on the high value stamps, reminds me of paint-by-numbers. At this rate I forsee an end to my collecting modern.

Something I'd like would be an interesting definitive series to follow. Not fruit, not animals, not flowers, but something like the transportation coils, issued just in one format, not coil and pane and booklet. Maybe sports stars, scientists, historical monuments, or some other grouping that so far has largely been ignored by definitives.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1154 Posts
Posted 11/22/2018   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree on the USS MISSOURI (BB-63). Here's a picture which I think could have easily been used to render a much more vibrant stamp:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3714 Posts
Posted 11/22/2018   7:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Showing too much fire power might be considered as overly aggressive.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2559 Posts
Posted 11/23/2018   06:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I liked I a comment I saw somewhere else -- the high values look like color by number - very artificial looking.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6569 Posts
Posted 12/22/2018   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I kind of like the Alabama stamp, even though the view could have been taken in quite a few different states. Cacti, rivers, frogs and that sort of thing - do we really want to pay 55 cents a piece for a bunch of stickers?
And Woodstock was a more important happening than say Apollo 8 or the end of World War !?

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 12/22/2018 10:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
761 Posts
Posted 12/23/2018   03:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At this rate I forsee an end to my collecting modern.

I stopped trying to keep up with new U.S. issues in 2005. Since then I've only bought those that interest me topically. In 2018 I bought a pane of Mister Rogers to use for postage and three panes of John Lennon (one to use, two to save). I would have bought the dragon stamps if they had been attractive. I probably won't be buying any 2019 issues.
Learn More...
7396 Posts
Posted 01/31/2019   10:08 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Wow. Congrats to the USPS for this design, scheduled for released later this year. Nice stamps.
Don
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
Posted 01/31/2019   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GrandpaJohn to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As I look at the upcoming stamp images shown on the Virtual Stamp Club website I'm struck by how 'cartoonish', caricaturish and amateur most of them look, like something out of a comic or coloring book, NASTY! I think our hobby has been hijacked<G>!

Now the Transcontinental Railroad set is AWESOME!!!!!
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 02/01/2019   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Swscfdc87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the Transcontinental Railroad stamps. They could have been done a few different ways and I know some might have negative things to say, but I think they look wonderful. The rest are awful.
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I totally lost interest in new US issues in the late 1990s and my US collection stops in 2000 as do my album pages. Since then, the USPS has occasionally released an issue that piqued my interest and I picked it up. I keep a stock book for these stamps but there aren't too many in it. The only 2019 issues that I'll probably buy are the USS Missouri and Alabama.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2559 Posts
Posted 02/08/2019   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is not one of the better designs for 2019.

It looks like they have camouflage coats.
Al
Edited by angore - 02/08/2019 1:10 pm
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05